Citibank's blacklist

Just wanted to let you know about my experience. I filed BK in 95 and after many years of credit repair diligence, I've managed to remove all baddies including the BK. My scores are hovering around mid 700s and I have several prime CCs with my highest CL at 14k.

Over the past several weeks, I have been flooded with multiple pre-approval letters from Citibank. In the past, I've thrown them out because I filed BK on a Citibank card in 95. But for some reason, I thought I would give it a try since the latest offer came with a $100 gift card and 7.9 fixed rate. Well, I was not instantly approved online, so after ten days, I received a denial letter stating the reason because I filed BK on a Citibank account.

I guess my SSN is a permanent stain in their database. From this I've learned to not apply for any cards you've had in a past BK. If I was not a candidate for a Citibank card, why the hell do they keep sending my pre-approved offers ... I just got another one today, even after the denial letter.

I am curious to know if anyone had any luck in getting another card from an issure they've filed a BK on in past.

Thanks.

If you haven't done so, opt out with the CRA's to stop getting those stupid "you're pre-approved (to apply)" invitations.

The CRA's are making money off you by selling your name to companies like CITI and CAP1 that send out millions of invitations. It's marketing. They don't care who gets the applications - just that they're sent out.

Next time "void" the application, stuff all the forms into the postage paid envelope they enclose and send it back to them.

Yes, but not prime. I burned Household/HSBC, Capital One and Providian, and they've all given me cards afterwards (Providian just gave me $7,000). I burned Citi, Chase and AmEx and I know they won't give me another card. I also fell for the "preapproval" offer from Chase and applied. What a waste of an inquiry.

Speaking of wasted invitations, I've received five from Providian in the last 2 weeks.

I've opted out, and still get solicitations because of things like alumni association mailings. Seems my alma mater has linked up with MBNA and I get about 2 per month from MBNA, which I send their T&C back to them in the prepaid envelope :D

Unrelated I still get those stupid conveinence checks mailed to my from Crap1. The latest one read "3% charge to use" ... so if I want to fake up my limit on Crap 1 it'll cost me $30? F--K THAT!!!

Do like I do...start filling the envelopes with the most vile, nasty, sickening things you can find. I've sent them back sweaty gym socks, rotted salad greens, Gruyere cheese...I'm just wiating to come up with a dead rat. Trust me, they'll stop.

I have to agree with LNY, if you can benefit by an increased limit to balance ratio it may be worth it. In my case I have a CL of 7500.00 with cap one. One month I brought the balance up to just over 7000.00 using the "convenience checks" yes it cost me 30.00 but it was well worth it. My utilization now shows at about 8% because of it. No one but Cap One has offered me this high a limit, so I have used it to my advantage. There is nothing wrong with this, I paid a fee for it and a small amount of interest and to me it was worth it.

I was all concerned about how long I had to wait to pay back the transaction. As it turns out it really doesn't matter when you pay back the money, just check to be sure it posts to your account then payit back.

Yup. I paid it back the day after it was posted, so I avoided paying interest... and sure enough, it was reported a week later. Many of us thought that you have to leave the balance on there for a month, or wait until it reports. Not true. You can have that high balance for only ten seconds, and that's what reports.

Citi Bank also controls Sears Cards and a few others. They are a most vicious grudge holding, snake ran company. Do business with them at your own risk. You have been duley warned.

Well, they are the world's largest corporation. As such, they can afford to piss off some customers, which they like to do.

But the one thing that never gets said about Citi that probably should be said is...so long as you always treat em right, they'll do you well. They're like a woman when you scorn em, though.

Tactless. Morbid. Dastardly. In case you can't tell, I'm making a direct reference to CITI Bank. The nitty-gritty of what I'm about to write is this: CITI Bank commonly appoints ineffective people to important positions. It then ensures that these people stay in those positions because that makes it easy for CITI Bank to adopt approaches that have not been tested to try to solve problems that have not been well-defined. CITI Bank is a sore loser. And that's the honest truth.