Proposal to BK Trustee to Keep Car in BK 7

bigdogbigbite

On Monday December 5th, 2005 I need to present to the Bankruptcy Trustee in the Ohio Northern District a proposal to keep my car. My car is valued at about $8,000 and is in fair condition. This is what I listed on my BK papers. I filed bankruptcy pro se and have gone through my 341 meeting which went O.K except for the car. Does anyone have wording regarding the proposal that I need to submit, and can I submit the proposal for the value of the car at an amount less than what I put on my BK papers?

Thanks

Get a couple of written quotes from car dealers or used car lots for the CURRENT MARKET VALUE of your car. That will be supporting documentation for your offer. Yes, you can use a different value if you went to KBB.com to get your original number. Redeeming with the Trustee is a negotiation proces. Don't forget to get estimates for any repairs it needs and subtract that from the value.