Lexington Law?

punchenello

Anyone ever worked with Lexington Law? (www.lexingtonlaw.com) I have been considering their program. It's not credit counseling...at least I don't think so.

As far as I can tell, they do all of the work involved in getting items removed....like validation, and requests to the CRAs...for a monthly fee. I know I can do that stuff myself, but I don't have a lot of time to spend on it, & I won't be thorough enough. Also, I just would rather have someone else handle it.

Here's the way it works.....

You send them compies of your credit report my mail, then choose they items that you want them to dispute. They go to work on them trying to get the items removed through legal means.

Any insight to this company would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Punch,

I have been a client for 2 years of Lexington. I have been fairly happy with thier service, and I feel like I have received my monies worth. What do they do:

1. Dispute your bad credit tradelines in a timely and effecient manner.

2. Their letters are hand signed, so they look MUCH more like a individual person wrote them.

3. They organize your info into a great website that rates the severity of each tradeline on a 1-9 scale so you can use your time wisely.

4. I get things deleted all the time from them, so no one is "ignoring" their letters. That is not legal anyway.

5. You get to choose what and how and what priority to dispute your tradelines within the web site. Very cool.

6. Monthly activity and very good communication from the Paralegals

7. When I get letters and credit reports back after disputes all I do is scan them to a pdf (Adobe Acrobat) file and email it to them. THey update the website, shoot me an email that it has been updated and then I can log in and tell them what to do next. Very slick.

Could you do all this yourself? Yes, but will you? Probably not. If you had that kind consistent discipline month in and out your credit would probably not be all messed up in the first place. Their service will work like gang busters at the start for you and then slow down as you reach the harder headed CA's. Try them for 6-8 months and then stop if you feel like they are not doing anything for you. There is no contracts you can stop them at any time. There is also nothing says you cannot work on your credit as well during this time. Which is what I have done.

I probably would NOT get the Concord Level service. That is an added fee service that sends out hand signed letters of Good Will and for Validations. You could do this VERY easily with the info off this board.

Any other questions about them, I would be happy to answer. Take care!

Katy, TX

I have to say that Lexington is not ripping you off, but just understand that they are getting the easy deletes. The ones you can get yourself with a phone call or two to the CRA's. It really isn't hard to do, don't let things intimidate you.

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24558

I'm more interested in effectiveness than value. If I can do it faster myself, I will, but like I said, I don't have much time to deal with it.

Basically I have a couple of problem accounts that I'm dealing with the CAs on...What I need to delete now are the previous holders of these accounts that sold them off to the current ones.

Also i have an old charge off on an auto loan that I eventually paid off, then traded in the car, so i don't even have it anymore.

These should be the "easy ones" right? Since they don't have any incentive to spend the time to verify the accounts, they should get deleted easily, shouldn't they?

Also, anyone ever tried this via email instead of registered mail? Thanks for all the detailed info on Lexington.

Email is not evidence in court. Anyone with a word processor can invent a faked email. Sending a letter CMRRR is using a government established service to verify the communique' was sent.

The CRA's don't really investigate anything. The send an email to the creditor and the creditor replies "yes it's correct".

I'm more interested in effectiveness than value. If I can do it faster myself, I will, but like I said, I don't have much time to deal with it.

IMHO, This thing with credit has become a life-or-death thing with me. I realize that much pain and turmoil will be removed from my life if I can just get this credit thing dealt with. And I think that's how you have to look at it. Kiyosaki said in one of his books, that its easier to borrow a million dollars than to save it. I don't know. Maybe that's not your mindset, and you would just be happy with enough new credit to buy that car or vacation. I look at it as much more than that.

I used Lex Law, and it did more harm than good. In the end, it was "thanks for nothing". But it's your life, and your credit, and it's how you are percieved by the institutions that have the ability to make your way of life easier. If I were you, I'd make the time to "deal with it," because in the end, you're responsible for it. Sorry if I came off preachy.