Charge Off????

NUPE_1911

I have a charge off on my report from a repo I am trying to get verified. I recently sent a DV to the creditor asking for all the paper work and transactions of the re-sell of the vehicle, but soon after I sent that letter I noticed on my report it is saying charged off dec 2002 but it is still reporting a balance...isnt that a violation of FCRA? How should I handle it should I write the CRA or the OC?

i guess whats really confusing (as i wait for the bill of sale, and etc.) is TransUnion reports the TL as "paid after charge off/collection" and in the "remark" section it says transfered to another lender.

I dont even know who its been transfered to. Should I call/write to find out who has the account. Becasue if EX & EQ keeps reporting it as a Charge off with a BAL isnt that inaccurate if Americredit transfered the debt?

Thanks for you help on this one divemedic... i have been trying to get the attention of one of the pros on this matter for months

Now that is a horse of a different color. If they are reporting as $0 and transferred on one CR and a balance on others, that is obviously not "complete and accurate" now, is it? Look here for some guidance:

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=38545

I would dispute with the CRA's and see if they fix it. If not, you have some violations there.

that is true... and besides since they have transfered it to another lender...americredit cant sue me anyway...right??

dude your the greatest... thans for your help... i am sending the ITS to americredit tommorow....

i'll let you know how things turn out if interested....