Big wigs at equifax

• 4 weeks later...

Any of their corporate offices should do fine.

You're suing the company, not the big-wig.

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25466

Send it CMRRR. First find a lawyer off of naca.net for your area.

Also be advised its illegal to threaten to sue unless you intend to follow through.

There's lawyers specializing in FCPDA, FCRA, various debt types, etc.

If you have a real case most lawyers will take the case for a chunk of the fines and/or penalties CAs CRAs and furnishers will pay. In other words no out-of-pocket to you.

Good luck.

Send it CMRRR. First find a lawyer off of naca.net for your area. Also be advised its illegal to threaten to sue unless you intend to follow through.

Sorry, that's not true.

It's a violation of the FDCPA if a CA threatens to sue but not illegal for a consumer to do so.

I think an ITS is best sent to the company's registered agent for your state. When the reg agent receives it, it's usually forwarded directly to the company's legal department very quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, What he said.

That registered agent crap can be tricky though. I hear some small claims court clerks tell you you can't sue unless you serve the registered agent. And I don't think there is a registered agent in every state (yes they do it on purpose)... That's why I say go to naca.net & find a lawyer. You might be better off suing in Federal court. Look for Xanathos's posts on this stuff.