SUCCESS STORY!!

tiffadams

I had to write and tell everyone that I had success getting a paid CA off of my EXPERIAN and EQUIFAX reports! Here is what I did:

With the advice of others on this board, I disputed with the credit bureaus.....the CA came back verified 2 different times from each bureau. Crap! So I started the DV process with the CA (Listed as Collectech on one report and Allied Interstate on the other). I did not hear anything back from these companies.....so I was getting ready to send the ITS letters to them. In the meantime, I read something on this board about Goodwill letters and thought I would give it a shot with the original creditor........VERIZON.

So, I wrote my Goodwill letter and then searched the internet for possible BIGWIGS that I could send it to in Verizon. It was hard to find anyone's real address, but I finally settled on Ivan Seidenberg, CEO, with an address in New York City (Gotta think Big, right?). Also, I sent a copy of the letter to Verizon Customer Solutions. Both were sent certified mail.

About a week went by, and I got a call from a very nice man in Ivan Seidenberg's office. Obviously he must handle customer complaints that come to Mr. Seidenberg, and I'm very glad that he contacted me! He was very fair and wanted to research my letter with his California people, but after about 3 or 4 phonecalls over a 2 week time period, he called to inform me that the collection account would be DELETED from both of my credit files and that he would sent me an official letter from Verizon stating that they were deleted and should no longer appear on my credit reports!!!! I was elated. He was very professional and great to work with.

I just pulled my credit reports this morning and the CAs are GONE!!!! So happy!!! So glad I found this site!!!! My advice to others is don't give up and write letters to everyone! Also, deal with the OC and see if they will had pity on you! I've included a copy of my Good Will Letter, in case it can help anyone else!

Best part - my credit scores jumped to the low 700s! AWESOME!

Tiffany Adams

November 8th, 2005

RE: Tiffany Adams, act #XXX-XXX-XXXX

VERIZON

Customer Sales & Solutions Center

P.O. Box 11328

St. Petersburg, FL 33733

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing about my experience with Verizon that is a mixture of a grateful “thank-you” and a pressing request. The request concerns a Verizons collection account in my credit files that I would like to have revised.

When I lived in California, I was a local phone company customer of Verizon. Because we moved numerous times, I had several different phone accounts with Verizon over the course of 5 years. I was always very responsible with my finances and paid my phone bill in a prompt manner each month.

While living in XXXXX, California, I started a family business with my brother. We had a separate phone line installed in my home to handle business phone calls. In December of 2004, I moved to XXXX. My brother stayed in California and took over the business. Because we had invested considerable money in advertising, we thought it would serve us best to keep the same phone number we had for the business and simply move the phone line to my brother’s home. We kept the phone line in my name and kept the same phone number. The change was made in middle of January 2005. Our service with Verizon continued, without any interruption and we felt we had a smooth transition. The bills for our Verizon phone began arriving at my brother’s home as we had requested.

In September 2005, I pulled my credit report in preparation for shopping for a mortgage refinance. To my surprise, an unpaid collection account was listed with Collectech (Allied Interstate, Inc.) and with Verizon as the original creditor. I immediately called Verizon to investigate the matter further. I spoke with Dawn (V665498) at customer service and she informed me that according to your records the outstanding balance of $54 was from the phone line we had been using for our business. It had been submitted to collections in March 2005. I was very apologetic and promptly paid the balance due to Verizon. In further review of the account, Dawn (customer service) stated that she didn’t understand why Verizon had not sent a final bill to my forwarded address. She also stated that she felt it was a mistake and would contact the collection agency that afternoon. When I called Verizon customer service a week later to confirm that collection was being recalled, I got a different customer service agent who said there were no “notes” in the file regarding my previous conversation and that there were no plans to recall the collection. I was very frustrated. Part of that frustration has led to me writing this letter. I felt it was better to write to you directly concerning the specifics of my situation, rather than recount it over and over again to the customer service representatives.

I have been a very satisfied customer of Verizon over the years and feel that your company is fair and impartial. I was confused by this occurrence, because I never received a bill for the outstanding balance from Verizon, even though I provided my forwarding address. I also had a forwarding order in with the post office to receive any mail sent to my old address. In a review of my records, I located the first bill that my brother received when the new line was connected at his home. It shows no previous balance owing on the account. Also, note that the account is still in my name and under my social security number. After moving in December of 2004, I received the final bill (sent to the forwarding address I provided) from Verizon for my residential line with no problems (XXX-XXX-XXXX). Lastly, I’m not even sure why there would need to be a final bill sent at all, since the account was not closed, or even changed names, it was simply moved to a different address. Hopefully, you can provide me with some assistance in understanding what happened.

I fully recognize my responsibility with respect to payable accounts and have worked to maintain an excellent record of payment with Verizon over the past years. As I mentioned above, I am in the process of shopping for a mortgage and this recent collection on my credit report may preclude me from taking full advantage of the very lowest interest rates now available.

Since this collection account does not reflect my current status with Verizon, I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by recalling the collection account and requesting that Collectech remove the listing from my credit report. I have spoken with Collectech and they have informed me that you are the only ones who can adjust the credit report listing. Your customer service representative suggested that I write you for a “goodwill adjustment.” I sincerely hope that there is redemption at Verizon, and I beg you for such consideration, especially since the circumstances surrounding the collection are confusing and unclear. I have included a copy of my statement dated 3/1/2005 for your review. Please let me know if any additional documentation would assist you in reaching a positive outcome. I thank you again for the time you have spent reviewing this letter.

Very hopefully yours,

Tiffany Adams

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

CC: Ivan Seidenberg, CEO, Verizon Communications, NY, NY

Lisa71 wrote:

I tried the nice thing with the City of San Diego and it didn't work.

Being nice to the government doesn't work all that much... City employees don't have the same kind of incentive... Also bending the rules has different ramifications...

I actually have given up on those guys