Passing a credit check for an apartment

originalglaze

I'm new to this board and I'm new to the research of all this and I'm looking for the best way to get pass a credit check with a landlord. I really want this place and I don't have the time to repair my credit cause I need this place asap. What's the best method to pull this off. The alternative credit file seems to be the way to go but the how to details I've found seem vague.

Can anyone provide any help with this? Sorry if I brought up an old topic.

thanks,

Christian.

I've never heard of an alternative credit file that a potential landlord would be interested in.

The landlord would be the one to pull your credit, from a company they go through - you don't hand them a report you pulled yourself, so I'm not sure what it is you're referring to...

:?:

It sounds to me he is talking about file segregation. Which is getting a new TIN# that is just like a SSN# and starting a new credit file and giving the TIN# instead of your SSN#. Anyone can do it but if you get caught you will get in trouble for using false information.

Some will accept you if you put down a larger deposit or pay some rent in advance.

Surprisingly, I have been approved for 2 apartments after my credit went bad. The last time I was actually the co-signer for my friend who did not qualify on her own. How I got approved I have no idea.

I find that a good deal depends on who you are renting from. If it is a simple landlord you can usually just explain to them upfront that they will see some credit issues, provided you always pay your rent on time and have a steady job you can always provide those as references.

Larger companies usually will require a larger security deposit,