Successful Deletion!..but will it come back?

Pompito

Hello, I disputed a charge-off account with Experian, after researching, they ended up deleting it. So of course I'm very happy with that. But I can't help but wonder what stops the CA from just simply re-reporting it again as a charge off account? And then i have to dispute it all over again? The account is legitimately an error and does not belong to me, so I'm hoping I've seen the last of this one in particular.

Thanks

Depends a lot on where you are in the cycle of things.

If the debt is still owned by the OC, then they will contract with a CA...and if that CA can't get you to pay, they'll send it back to the OC who will farm it out to another. This might go on 5 or 6 times depending on the OC.

If the debt has actually been "written off / sold to another lender" (in other words, a junk debt buyer), the JDB will try to collect and if they can't they'll sell it to another JDB.

So...bottom line...there's a good chance if this is your debt, you'll see it again.