Stupid AFNI

Tiara

I received a notice from AFNI that I owed money to them, I sent them a DV in September and I received a letter in Oct that they have requested that the Credit Agencys delete, but yesterday, I received another letter from AFNI requesting that I supply them with info such as my soc# and drivers license and any information on this dispute. Exactly how should I handle this from here as I know that they don't have anything to give me? Should I send them another DV?

Do not respond to this at all. Wait at least 30 days from receipt of their letter, then make a copy of their letter stating they have notified the CRA's to delete, and send it CMRR to the CRA's. Include a letter explaining that you were in receipt of your letter, but, have noticed that the request has not been processed by the CRA and that sufficient time has past. Therefore, would they please delete as requested.

Do note that a CA cannot legally ask you for your SS # as a way to identify you. No one can. They are to use their files only as a way to identify you. At the same time, if they have placed a TL or pulled a soft, or the OC had it, they are already in possession of this number. It is just a ploy, plus, if by chance, you are not the one, they can alter their records. I don't have the specific Federal law handy that explains this, but, I believe it is in Title 15 or 18, something like that.