Midland - SOB's

Sarris

Midland has been reporting on all three of my CR's now for over two years that I know about. They simply state that the matter is in dispute. How long can they keep reporting the collection as Disputed before I can demand it removed?

I have DV'd them twice now, and each time they respond with a demand for funds. I then respond with a clarified letter of dispute. This is getting very old and any help or advise will be apprecaited.

Note the CRA's won't remove it stating that it was "verified"

I also wonder one thing, how can a company like Midland, a company that I never signed a contract with, never agreed to do business with, or have ever had any finacial dealings with, report negative information on my credit report? I can understand the OC but the not a CA.

To me what these CA's are doing should be considered illegal and the CRA's should not posting their reports. It should be a law that you can only report if you have "SIGNED" contract, judgement, or other legally binding document.

This buying a debt from the OC then posting derogatory information on a person credit report is nothing less than pure 100% harrassement and it needs to be legally stamped the f**k out.

Since I do not owe Midland a God damn dime I don't see how they can legally report anything to the CRA's!

You could send another request for deletion to the CRA's stating that Midland refuses to respond to your letters. Be sure to inlcude copies of your letters. Send it now CMRR during CHOD as your chances of it getting deleted is better now than next month due to the Christmas Season.

To include, the last I heard a disputed debt does not show on a CR pulled by a potential creditor. Also, Midland ia a JDB who is a violator.

I also wonder one thing, how can a company like Midland, a company that I never signed a contract with, never agreed to do business with, or have ever had any finacial dealings with, report negative information on my credit report? I can understand the OC but the not a CA.

Yes, you did - in a round about sort of way. Look at your credit card agreement - in there you'll find default clauses that specifically says all the OC's right to collect when you default goes to all their 'successors and assigns' - meaning collection agnecies they hire or sell the debt to !

A collection agency is considered a 'financial institution' under the GLB and other federal Acts. The FCRA gives them 'permissable purpose' to pull your reports and they only need to be a subscriber to REPORT.