Advice Please

doubleT

This is my first attempt at doing anything to repair my credit. I have been reading on this forum for the last couple of days until my eyes are sore, but I still have no idea where to begin. Here are my questions.

1- I have one collection that is paid. From what I have read this should be disputed and hope that the info isn't validated so that it will be deleted. Correct?

2- One charge off. I am almost positive that this is an error and was not a charge off. I would also dispute this and hope for deletion, right?

3- I have old accts that are closed with 30-90 day lates. I am very confused on what to do with these. It seems that most people send a goodwill letter with poor results. Are there any other options?

4- On the report there are many things older that seven years. From what I understand they should not be there. How do you get them off?

I appreciate anyone taking the time to answer these questions. I realize that they probably sound very uneducated.

What to do? 3 words: Dispute, dispute, dispute. 90 day lates REALLY hurt your score, depending on how long they've been there. If they are recent, I'd dispute every little thing on the reports, one at a time, until they come off. It'll take some time, but it's worth the time.

Thanks for the replies. When disputing those accts that have 90 day lates on them what exactly am I disputing? Am I disputing the late payments themselves and hoping that they don't respond in the 30 days? Do I just pick specifics such as balance and the date opened?

Thanks Again