my 1st success....

lisa8888

I have been reading on here for about 2 months. I had a collections account, It is mine and I wanted to know information about the account as to where to pay it off and such. So I sent a verification request, and I got a letter today from Equifax and they said the item has been deleted from my credit file!

Since Equifax removed it, should I send copies to TU and EX requesting it be removed from them too?

I use scorewatch on myfico.com, but my score hasnt changed from the deletion....I hope it does! But it was very motivating to see some sort of progress from my efforts. Thanks for everyones advice.

Hi lisa8888,

Congratulations !

I'm not sure what you mean by - a verification request.

So I sent a verification request, and I got a letter today from Equifax and they said the item has been deleted from my credit file!

Usually you dispute with a credit bureau and Debt Validate with a CA.

I suspect the person who handled your request at the CRA reduced your request to a Dispute. Either way, what ever you did seemed to work so Yes get it off the other CRAs as well.

Good luck,

I am not famaliar with Score watch. I use true credit and BoA's Credit service. I've never seen a delay so I have no idea why there hasn't been a change in your score.

It could be the points you gained by the delete we offset by the points your lost as result of the removal of a tradeline with a history. Unlikely but possible.

Scoring is so messed up that we'd really need to see your entire report to be sure.