Chase's Motives

OK, I applied for a Chase card about 3 months ago. They never responded, but yesterday, I get a Chase Rewards card in the mail for a punk a-- $300. My EXP is my worst report, by far, and that's who they checked. My question is, how often do they give CLIs and should I keep the card? I know, it's a prime card, but the CL sucks. Should I let it get some history and use it so they they can see I'm about my business?

I got my Chase card with a $300 cl on March 2005. I asked for a CL increase they declined me. So I'm guessing you have to have some payment history with them. It's been 9 months since I got the card and I asked for an increase about 3 weeks ago. They said no again. They never gave me an explanation as to why they declined it. Maybe you'll have better luck than me! :cool:

Whatever floats your boat. But I wouldn't toss back a prime card. I was recently about to close a Juniper card in frustration because they only gave me $250 and 7 months later, they still won't raise it. I would have done something fairly dumb, just out of impatience. It's not like I need the credit.

(I already did something dumb at the same time by closing a Cap One account BEFORE a new card started reporting or being factored into FICO... right on the heels of spending $48 in fees to fake up the limit from $450 to $1660!! DUH!!!! I probably should have just kept it open and not used it, but I didn't want so many open TLs)