Approved for $7500!

Wow! I couldn't believe it when they said you're approved. I called Beneficial(HSBC) this morning to apply for a $3000 personal loan. I knew they pulled Equifax, so I applied being that Equifax was my best bureau to pull from(650-1CO from 5 yrs ago). I had a good feeling about it. Well, after about 30 minutes from applying, I called to see if I was approved. Guess what, a big fat NO! They did pull from Equifax but said my credit was too new(but did approve me for auto refi, which I denied). Well, being upset and pitying myself :( , what else could I do. Of course, apply somewhere else :D ! I called my local citifinancial branch and asked for $3000. They put me on hold while they checked my credit. The lady came back on the phone and said I was approved for $7500! :o I couldn't believe it! I just applied to them about 8 or 9 months ago and was denied for any amount. Wow, what this forum has done for me :D ! Thanks to everyone here, I appreciate all the help and info that is available here. By the way, not sure which bureau they pulled from, but had to be either Equifax or Experian(633-1CO, 1collection from 2 yrs ago). Again, thanks for all the help and insight!

Thanks everyone! jrwhite81, believe or not, they pulled from equifax. Maybe because I live close to equifax in atlanta has something to do with it, don't know. IHateCAs, how does finance companies look bad on your report? Who do they look bad to? Don't take my questions wrong, I'm not arguing your statement, I didn't know that they look bad. I wouldn't have got the loan, but I been fighting some legal battles the last 5 yrs and this should end them all.

Thanks Grim, that makes some sense. I'm not worried about it looking bad, it will only look bad if I don't pay like I'm supposed too.

Finance companies are a red flag that you couldn't obtain prime lending. If your report is clean, the assumption may be made that you had bad credit that you were able to clean off your report.