Using denial of employment to dispute all on CR

Chipotle

Ok I am getting ready to send out disputes to the CRA's. I have read quite a bit, and though mixed, i think I am ready for my first step. Besides another individual here made and excellent point with it being the holidays, that these places will be staffed lighter than usual, and a flux of credit line request, that it would be a good time to send in disputes, as they may not be able to respond and verify correctly if at all.

So with that said, i got my reports. And, the majority are right on for the derogatory info. There are some things listed incorrectly as CO, when they were included in BK and what not. I am wanting to send my dispute with my main complaint being that I was turned down a chance of employment while unemployed, for a position that I was qualified for. This position was a IT job with a large background checking firm.

Now i have some items not listed as being included in my BK, when they should have been, and a student loand that is listed as a CO, when i have documentation that it was included as a consolodation, though at the time it was very late.

Basically I would like to make sure before I do my mailing that this looks like a good reason to dispute all on my report. And what are the odds that things incorrectly listed, be put correctly and make it harder for me to fight to get them removed.

I had a BK discharged in 2004. Should I included everything in that as well, or will that cause them to treat my other disputes as frivolous, since my BK is still very young?

And should I also, include the lates that are on my current accounts in this, though i have now been current for several months. I am looking at this as a hail-mary to see what i can get shaved, but not sure if I should actually be surgical. I would appreciate any and all input. I have read, read, and re-read many of the posts in this forum and the main page. The primers, and the tactics used by others.

Denial of employment is not a valid dispute for derogatory credit reporting, nor is bankruptcy. About the only thing you can do is explain the circumstances or if to no avail, move on to other employment prospects.

FU*K OFF GHACORP - you're an apologist for the CA's if not a CA yourself!!!

OP: Dispute EVERYTHING that is incorrect - you were specifically denied employment as a result of your CR right? Dispute everything that is inaccurate. Your CR must contain data that is accurate.

As far as the employer goes, that's water under the bridge. But get that CR cleaned up and have all inaccurate data cleared up. You're in the midst of CHOD, so do it NOW!!

Hi Chipotle,

Grim's right.

All you need to dispute inaccurate CRA info is a report reference number, (that way they know it is YOU calling them to dispute the items.)

As I always say-

"Dispute them all - let G*d sort them out"

Good luck...

Chipotle: If you can prove that any incorrect information on your credit reports was the result of your being denied employment, you may have legal recourse against the entity recording the incorrect information, especially if they continue to refuse to correct the entry. (If you are denied employment based on information contained in your credit report you are entitled to a free credit report.)

I might be wrong, but I think what you're asking is if when you dispute incorrect information on your credit reports whether you should state "denial of employment" as the reason for disputing. Denial of employment isn't a valid reason for disputing an item on your credit report. You need to dispute for the standard reasons: "not mine," "account not charged off," "account has been paid in full," etc.