Will Removing Inquiries hurt your credit?

mikey853

ok i am 20 and just started to review my credit and found some errors but i did something stupid when i tured 18. i went online and applyed to a lot of credit companys and now i have a lot of inquiries. I have been writting a lot of "lettlers of permision" to remove them but i stopped becase some one in a back said that when you remove them it does more bad then good please help! any tips for me just starting out

They should disappear after 2 years anyway, so you should be at or close to that already. If they don't disappear, you'd be stupid not to get them removed. Who told you it's better to have lots of inquiries on your report?! :shock:

Good possibility that if you called each bureau, they'd remove them right then and there over the phone, since they're so close to dropping off anyway.

First of all, it is very difficult to have inquiries removed... Some creditors will delete them but most have their heads up their [EXPLETIVE DELETED] and they won't do jack [EXPLETIVE DELETED].

Next, inquiries DEDUCT points from your credit score...

And if you get too many of them within a certain time period then many types of subscriptions that creditors subscribe to from the credit bureaus will trigger alarms... In which the good and decent creditors will automatically reject a credit application with such red flags...

If you have poor credit, you need to take the short term hit for long term gain and open tradelines early and often. Then cut off the new credit. You're FICO will increase from the good payment history and aging of TLs, and the inquiries will be meaningless after a 12 months.

If you just have a bunch of inquiries from 12-24 months ago, then you have nothing to worry about!