Update on my Garnishment matter

Don2

I received the official statement yesterday from the Courts that the judgment of garnishment CCS Group, LLC..[Midland's sidekick law firm] has against me has been denied. .. :)..All amounts held in escrow will be returned to the defendent..[me]

I called my bank, inquiring whether or not they have received any notification from the courts, likewise...The answer was "no"..no one has received any notification, yet.

I cannot imagine what good these customer reps are for..I doubt a supervisor would even be able to address my queries concerning procedures with garnishments against bank accounts, and how they will handle all the damges due to post garnishments against my account.

The ONLY "plastic" I own, and have for the past 6 years has been this bank's debit card...[Visa logo]

It will give me a certain amount of pleasure presenting the cut and quartered remains of this debit card to the bank when I go in person to negotiate a settled amount before I close the account forever.

Presently, I am mutilating all my blank checks beyond recognition with a cross-cut shredder..If I owned a cat, I would use the paper as lining for a cat litter box...

More to come, of that I'm sure...

It 'ain't' over... :twisted:

Best Regards;

Don2

If I am to understand your post, you are saying the courts dismissed the case and you are not liable for any monies to Midland. If this is true, and your bank claims to not be in possession of the respective papers, your best bet is to go to the courthouse yourself and get copies, then personally deliver them to the bank. While at the courthouse, ask them how long it takes normally for papers to be delivered to whoever, and are there any laws that say how much time is allowed, such as 10 days. Of course, you want to tell them you need to know, plus, you also want this in case it is necessary. Even if they say the Plaintiff is responsible, get the info.

If I am to understand your post, you are saying the courts dismissed the case and you are not liable for any monies to Midland.

**they did indeed reverse the order.. As a defendant, I was there and heard the judge's orders on November 29th, 2005 at 2:00 p.m.**

If this is true, and your bank claims to not be in possession of the respective papers, your best bet is to go to the courthouse yourself and get copies, then personally deliver them to the bank.

**Why would I go to the courthouse, request copies from them to bring to the bank?..I have my own copy here that I can present to the bank..if they refused to acknowledge that copy of mine, what makes you think they would accept an additonal copy of anything I obtained and presented [as a courtesy] from the courthouse?..in all honesty, the bank has to have an "official" notification that the judgement has been lifted..After all, they received an "official order" to freeze that account in the first place...I am not the bearer, nor responsible for that type of duty..I can indeed inform them of the outcome, but it isn't official until the proper notification is sent to them via the courts**

While at the courthouse, ask them how long it takes normally for papers to be delivered to whoever, and are there any laws that say how much time is allowed, such as 10 days. Of course, you want to tell them you need to know, plus, you also want this in case it is necessary. Even if they say the Plaintiff is responsible, get the info.

**I can call the courthouse to ask those same questions, actually..the courts didn't linger, or dawdle about where this matter was concerned..it was handled in a very timely fashion..I am planning to give the monies the expected timeframe to arrive..[2-2 1/2 weeks from judgment hearing..which is about the week before Christmas]..I'll be able to proceed in completing this matter once all funds are back where they belong..**

Best Regards;

Don2

Didn't know you already had copies. The last time I was in court about 13 years ago, they never gave me a thing. Had to wait for all to be transcribed. It took near a month.

As to your second comment, the bank may or may not accept your copy, but, when receiving through the mail a letter from the courthouse, they do pay attention, at least they are supposed to. I know, yeah, right.

No need to do anything if the court has done their job, just prepare for when you dump on the bank.

Didn't know you already had copies. The last time I was in court about 13 years ago, they never gave me a thing. Had to wait for all to be transcribed. It took near a month.

**I believe it took you a month, retmar..it may not be until next year the bank gets any notification about my own case.. :) ..**

As to your second comment, the bank may or may not accept your copy, but, when receiving through the mail a letter from the courthouse, they do pay attention, at least they are supposed to. I know, yeah, right.

**I am/soon to be formerly a customer of one of the largest WEENIE banks in this country...

I never knew there was even a garnishment on me...Had I not checked my account online on that fateful day they drained it down to a penny, who knows how long it would have taken for them to inform me?..I called that day inquiring about odd looking transactions, and guess what I got 4 days later from them?..a notification of a garnishment action taken against my account..

I filed an official complaint with the OCC [OCC - Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Administrator of National Banks], but they advised me the bank was in the "middle", and had no obligation to inform me in advance that I had an action of this type on my account...

But, I do have a case number on file with the OCC..One never knows, I may need to refer back with them.**

No need to do anything if the court has done their job, just prepare for when you dump on the bank.

**Hehehe...I am mentally preparing myself for the day...I keep chanting to myself.."Remember to conduct yourself as a lady..more flies can be gained with honey, than vinegar"... :twisted: **

Best Regards;

Don2

Hi.

Just read through your old posts to catch up on the story.

So what are your plans to go on the offensive now? Looks like they obtained a judgment against you without service, then took an action they legally couldn't when they seized your bank assets.

I don't think a federal judge would look kindly on exploiting a disable, retired woman.

Just read through your old posts to catch up on the story.

So what are your plans to go on the offensive now? Looks like they obtained a judgment against you without service, then took an action they legally couldn't when they seized your bank assets.

**Hello, IHateCAs.. :) ....my next step is to try and get the judgment vacated. At this point, I don't know whether or not I'll succeed, but it's worth a try..**

I don't think a federal judge would look kindly on exploiting a disable, retired woman.

**You're most likely correct..and I agree with that assertion. But looking back on all of this since the beginning, the burden of fault remains with me that I didn't address the OC when I had legal recourses to do so.

The CA is even LESS entitled to one red cent, and will not get another from me if I can help it.

If the CA and law firm has one brain cell between them, they'll abandon this entire matter. I will keep the board updated on my attempts to get this judgment vacated, and its outcome**

Best Regards;

Don2

I'll go a step better than that Grimrepo

I'll refrain from ever posting again and remove myself from this forum because EVERYONE, as you state has difficulties reading my messages.

Do not USE my disabilities as any reason for your difficulities to comprehend my messages in their format..

Don't bother to respond..I am out of here..