collections past sol on cr

jeff6898

I noticed I have three collections on my cr that are have dola 1999,2000,2000. I live in Fl. It is my understanding that these can no longer be collected as it is past the sol. Am I correct in this? If I am is it still allowed to be reorted on my cr? If so what is the best way to deal with these?

I noticed I have three collections on my cr that are have dola 1999,2000,2000. I live in Fl. It is my understanding that these can no longer be collected as it is past the sol. Am I correct in this? If I am is it still allowed to be reorted on my cr? If so what is the best way to deal with these?

SOL means you have a defense if sued for the amount. Yes, it can be reported. Follow the plan just like with any other negative, but know that you have the upper hand, because you will not be the loser in any suit. You certainly do not have to pay a dime.

Read here for help:

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24558

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Florida. That's 3 Credit Card collections? SOL to sue is 4 years. I would send them a C&D Letter to get the collections removed from my CR NOW. FDCPA §805© Cease Communication., includes our credit reports too! If they attempt to sue the SOL is your defense. If they continue to report to the CB's after your C&D letter, they are in violation and you will have a counterclaim, which may cover the debts.

C&D does not necessarily prevent listing on your CR. I know many claim otherwise, butI think you would hav eto work at it to prove it in court.

As far as four years, the FL SOL states that it is 5 years for a debt that is "based on a written instrument" I could forsee where a creditor or CA could make the case that credit cards are based on a writtien instrument. There is no case law on this and the statute itself offers no help or definition. Trust in the four year SOL at your own risk.

The OP doesn't have that problem, since the accounts apparently went delinquent in 2000 (unless he or she did something to toll the statute, but that is another issue entirely)