Is there anything I can do.....

Ohgeez

on this account?

I retrieved my credit reports earlier this year (April 05) and although I disputed this Capital One account, it came back as verified. I'm trying to find the info I received but I must have misplaced it or threw it away by mistake. :(

Anyway, I'm looking at all three of my credit reports and this is what they're each saying on this account. I noticed that Experian and Trans are showing different HIGH BALANCES. I made sure that this is the same account number on all three reports.

-TransUnion-

Balance: $0

Date Update: 01/2005

High Balance: $454

Past due: $0

Pay Status:>120 Days Past Due<

Date Opened: 10/1998

Date Closed: 08/2001

Date Paid: 09/2001

-Experian-

Recent balance: NA

High Balance: $885

Recent Payment: NA

Date of Status: 04/2002

Reported since: 10/1998

last Report Date: 04/2002

-Equifax-

Current Status: 120+ days past Due

Balance: $0

Date Reported: 12/2004

Amount Past Due: $0

Date of last payment: 08/2000

Date of last Actibity: NA

Activity Description: PAID

Date Closed: blank

Comments: Settlement accepted on this account

TIA,

Orlando

:)

There are a few errors that jump out at me. Remember that the reporting MUST be "complete and accurate", and if the investigate and verify an incorrect tradeline, this is an s2B violation.

1 The account on TU reads 120 days past due, but a $0 balance. How can an account with a $0 balance be past due?

2 EQ and EX have it as 180 days past due. TU reads 120 days past due. At least one of these is incorrect.

3 Date of last activity on EQ is N/A. On a negative account, the furnisher is required to report the DOLA, so that the date this falls off can be calculated.

4 EQ and EX both have this account as settled. A settled account is no longer past due.

5 TU shows status of $0 on 9/2001, but status on EX is past due 180 days on 4/2002

6 TU shows status paid as of 9/2001, but EQ has date of last payment 8/2000

Dispute with the CRA and see where you get with it. Don't tell CRAP1 why it is wrong, let them screw it up on their own. Count the violations and then sue them for the delete.

Thanks Dive. I've been on the site all morning long so everything is starting to get blurry. I should have picked up on all the discrepencies but i wasn't sure if all these things mattered much because of the way the big 3 report differently.

When sending a letter to the CRA, should it look something like this? You said not too mention the inaccuracies but the sample letter in the link at the top shows that I should point things out.

EDIT: you said not tell CRAP1 what the inaccurate info is.....not the CRA?

To Whom it May Concern:

Steve S.

SSN XXX-XX-XXXX

Address: 1 E. Any Street, Anytown, USA

(Current address for last 5 years)

DOB: 1/1/00

I've just reviewed my credit report and have noticed there are several inaccurate items on my report:

Chase VISA Acct: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxx:

This account is listed as being 30 days late. I have never been late on this account.

Sears Acct: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxx:

This account is listed as being 30 days late. I have never been late on this account.

Universal Acct: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxx:

In addition, there are a number of credit accounts which have been inactive for more than 7 years. As you know, the FCRA states that all credit older than 7 years should be removed from my report. The following accounts should be removed:

Diner's Club Acct: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxx:

GE Consumer Card Acct: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxx:

Macy's Acct: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxx:

I have enclosed a copy of my driver's licence as proof of identity.

Sincerely,