Countrywide "foreclosure"

magoo

Had a rental property some time back, financed through Countrywide. Had some problems paying towards the end, due to deadbeat renter. Starting 4/99, began with some 30/60/90/120 day lates, with foreclosure (no repo)started on 10/99.

Sold the house "paid in full" on 12/99. Been trying for several years to dispute both the lates and foreclosure, with no luck.

EQ is reporting 30 day lates for 3 months during the past 2 years! (Dispute in process on that.) They are also reporting it as paid, but still open. Should I try to close this one?

EX is reporting "Credit line closed - consumer request - reported by subscriber.

Credit Grantor reclaimed collateral to settle defaulted mortgage." Again, sold before repo. Also, they are showing an opening date of 01/97, when it should be 01/87. Stealing 10 years from my credit history. Dispute this one?

TU shows nothing at all.

Not sure if I totally want to delete this account, it has one of my longest histories. Maybe just keep disputing the lates and foreclosure as the 7 year time frames come up? Thanks!!

Looking back through the records, I see that this WAS on my TU report, but now is gone. One of my disputes must have kicked it off of there.

Took my credit history from about 20 years, down to about 14 1/2 years. Really don't know what it actually did to my score though. For awhile there, it seemed like everytime I had one negative off of there, another one from 4 or 5 years ago would find it's way on there.