credit repair(help a newbie)

dan1red

I filed a bk7 but converted to a 13 (100%) repay, after emerging 6 months early i find on my credit report that creditors are reporting a 7. can i make them remove this? A couple even wrote off the debt as a 7 and did not get into the 13 for the 100% repay.One report lists both. the other 2 just have lots of negs. becuase of the 7 listing. I am reading the book but theirs alot to learn. please help. I was really hoping one of the more knowledgeable members would get a dialog started with me.Any help from anyone would be great>

The onley thing that matters is what chapter your BK ended under.

Send the CRAs dispute letters with a copy of your BK13 completion paperwork as evidence. Tell them that your bankruptcy was a Ch13 not 7 and that they must correct all records that indicate otherwise.

Send letters to all creditors which are reporting incorrectly and tell them that they need to correct their records. If you wish to take a threatening tone (because they can not come after your for anything anyways) you can remind them that you can sue them for damages if they re-report incorrect information after being notified of the errors.

I would not try to dispute the BK in its entirety because if you fail, then trying to have them change it would show them that you tried to deceive them earlier. They most likely would be disinclined to cooperate after finding out something like that.

If the house payment was not part of the BK proceedings they have no business reporting it as included. Send the mortgage company a copy of your BK schedules showing they were not included and direct them to correct the reporting on it. This, out of all of the problem items, is the most important to correct, especially if the original amount of the mortgage is over $150,000. Items on your credit report where the original value was over this amount can stay FOREVER, they are not subject to the 7 year limit.