Verizon Live Reporting: WATCH OUT

sje123

Check your credit reports. I have been going through Verizon Live Reporting from hell the past 5 months ever since they reported me as a "collection" that was "past due" $125 back in July.

Apparently there are a lot of issues with Verizon and even though it was paid in August (it was about 3 days overdue), it is STILL on my credit report as a collection. Sometime in September I actually had a CREDIT balance with Verizon and it still reported as $125 IN COLLECTIONS. To this day, it reports it. Each time I've disputed it, it comes back "verified". Verizon said there is a "bug" in their electronic reporting. MAJOR DUH.

The "reporting" place is listed as a PO Box in Columbus Ohio but the collections appear to come out of the Syracuse NY office. If you try to track down who is reporting this, it is a nightmare.

Verizon is aware that it is a problem but it is wrecking havoc on people's credit reports. I had a lengthy conversation with them on Friday and they know I'm ready to sue them.

I sent them my credit report over 2 months ago and showed them they were the ONLY negative on there. They assured me it would be rectified and it hasn't been. They are now fighting with TransUnion. Apparently they have an agreement with TransUnion who then reports to EX and EQ.

Check your credit reports. Once it gets on there, it is a horror show to get it off.

Check your credit report...

My landline showed up 6 months ago, my personal banker also mentioned it to me.

Actually thisis agood thing becuase now you get credit for those previously unreported utilitites.

Oh yeah, the power and water companies are going to start reporting very soon.

Good luck.

Hi Banditman,

I happen to be friends with the CEO of the regional power company.

He told me 5 years ago that they were going to start reporting. They haven't as of yet.

He said they were going to start slow and mostly report on time payments even if you are a month or so late but then they will transition to super tight reporting like the CC companies. The reason - reduce charge offs, and increase the efficient use of the cash flows they do get. (That means investing more money in overnight deposits.)

He also said all utilitites were being told to start reporting by various efficiency experts, MBAs etc.etc.etc...

Basicallly you can expect this trend to take hold in every aspect of commerce in the next 20 years.

Thanks for clarifying Radio Guy. It is about time that they start reporting accounts to CRA's. It will help most of us on the credit reports but will also hurt the people that live from disconnect notice to disconnect notice or who are continuously late. It is something that we have hoped would eventually happen. :p

Now if we can get the buy-here-pay-here places as well as the rent to own places to report. But I know that those type of places are the only way for people with trashed credit to obtain goods on credit. If they start reporting, they might start using the CR to deny credit which will not help at all.I guess we will see what happens.

Well it would be okay if they reported anything positive. They reported me as a collection, past due $125.00 in JULY when my payment came in 3 days late and now it is December and even though I had a CREDIT BALANCE in August, it STILL shows past due $125.00.

They have not gotten it right. If you get a late on there, it's not coming off. Verizon said they realize it's not working but it's not stopping.