from 7 to 13, what counts?

dan1red

I filled for a 7 but changed my mind and ended up doing a 100% repay 13,which i was granted.Had my attourney not been a shister Iwould have never started with a 7. Anyway I have several creditors reporting that I did a 7, and even some that wrote off the debt before I converted to a 13. I say the 7 is incorrect and should be removed. Any advice would be great. thanks

Technically the 7 is not incorrect, as that is what your BK petition filing papers show. The CRA's have no way of knowing that your case was converted, they just pay a service to pull pubic records, including BK's, and I doubt they look for anything more than the initial filing forms - and yours say Ch 7.

Chances are, even if you're paying off at 100% to unsecured, your creditors would have written off the debts anyway, just BECAUSE you filed BK at all.

thanks ladynred-most stayed on to get their 100%repay only a few must have already written it off. I wasnt converted I choose to do it myself,I had a crappy lawer,he made more money by getting me to file 7 first. I payed off my 13 6months early and wanted to know where to beginwith credit repair. I believe the 7 listing is wrong becuase evryone was given the chance to be included in the 13.