Ass-et Acceptance response to DV

I DV'ed them and got back a letter that states that they have provided all info from previous CA. They said that the original creditor was the CA that sold them the debt. They did not identify the original creditor. They did not provide anything that states that I owe this debt. This one is gonna be easy! :p

I'll wait till their 30 days is officially up and then send a demand of removal. I have them on several violations anyway ie, calling me at work repeatedly after telling them to stop (all backed up with cell phone records. My boss can also testify to this), no DOLA on credit file and now, unable to provide validation of debt. FUN FUN FUN. I hope they buck. I could really use some extra cash right now! :p

You guys ROCK! I want to take a few min now to thank everyone here for their wisdom on these matters. I know I am just getting started but if it weren't for you guys and this web site, alot of us would still be sitting in the dark, at the mercy of these scum bags. Again, THANK YOU!

I can't say this enough- don't worry about giving the CA 30 days. There is nothing in the law that gives a CA 30 days to provide validation. The law states that they must cease collection activities after receiving a DV request until the validation is mailed to the debtor. If they have tried to do otherwise, it is a violation.

So Dive, your saying that I should not wait the other 2 weeks and just send the demand of removal letter now? In that case, the letter will be mailed tomorrow.

Can you post some FDCPA and FCRA laws that I can add to my letter or post a link?

There is another account that they have and are also reporting to CRA but I haven't heard back from them on that one yet. Sent both DV letters at same time. They also received them at the same time. Guess we'll wait and see.

I think I will send them something along these lines......

To Whom It May Concern:

I sent your company a Validation request on 00-00-00. Enclosed is a copy of the letter that was sent to me on 00-00-00 in response to my request. What you provided is not proper validation. I am hereby demanding that you cease all collection activity on this account until you can properly validate, to me, that I owe this debt. Please be advised that reporting the account, in any way, to any of the 3 credit reporting bureaus is considered to be “collection activity” in which case I am demanding that you also delete your tradeline from my credit reports. Furthermore, there is no date of last activity associated with this account on my credit file, which in itself is a violation of federal law and therefore, must be removed immediately. Your cooperation is appreciated.

And then following up with ITS letter about 1 1/2 weeks after they receive the above if they haven't removed their tradeline. Feel free to copy and save my work of art..lol