Got Lucky with Amex chargeoff

un4givn

I have an AMEX chargeoff that I paid before finding this board and learning how to negotiate. I've tried everything to remove this stupid thing. Disputed dates, deleted old addresses,etc. It would always come back verified.

Just for laughs I sent in a dispute stating the charge off date was wrong but I provided the CRA's with a date of 7/1999 actual CO was 12/2000. In my previous disputes I had been vague and just said incorrect charge off date.

I received my updated reports last week via snail mail. I read the usual dispute has been verified- but now the charge off date is 07/1999. which is great because I want to buy a house in 2007 so it should be off by the time I start to apply.

Actually I never send any proof to the CRBs unless it is for identity or address listings. The only thing I did different was I wrote in the dispute as oppossed to going online. In truth I have no proof of anything with AMEX just a copy of the cashed check when I paid 5600 back in 2004 but I never received any documentation of any kind. Like I said it was before I found this board and I just wanted it to all go away I was so ashamed of the whole matter and how I handled my finances.