How long have you had your Macy's card? Once you have the card for 3 months, you can call the credit department, ask them for a "GUILDLINE INCREASE", they wil more than likely give you cli. Most people that are rebuilding,will only start out at a 100.00 cl with Macy's(YMMV)but they are very liberal with their cli after you have been with them a little while and have shown to be a customer that pays as agreed.

Good luck, Southcarolinagirl

Good for you! Spare a thought for the likes of me, though... I paid off my Macy's account in full and closed it before my BK. I even got a refund check for $14 because somehow I overpaid. Yet for some reason they continue to report that account as IIB (I burned Bloomingdale's and Stern's, which were the same bank as Macy's. But my Macy's account was NOT in the BK). For five years I've never been able to get that changed. :x

Good for you! Spare a thought for the likes of me, though... I paid off my Macy's account in full and closed it before my BK. I even got a refund check for $14 because somehow I overpaid. Yet for some reason they continue to report that account as IIB (I burned Bloomingdale's and Stern's, which were the same bank as Macy's. But my Macy's account was NOT in the BK). For five years I've never been able to get that changed. :x

Eeek! Don't you hate that.

I have applied for a Macys card and was denied but my score was about 520 Exp at the time but now I just checked and my Exp vantage score is a 601 do you think I have a chance of getting approved ....also for the credit card can I use my debit card for verification adverse to a major credit card. :)

Oh my gosh Macy's gave me a CL increase. It went from $100.00 limit to $200.00 limit! :evil:

What do I have to do for these people to give me a good CL jump?

Well, my mum has a macy's card. She actually has 2: The "macy's only" (just "upgraded" her to Platinum) and the macy's VISA. When she applied, they only gave her the standard $300-card (without VISA), but after 3 months and frequent usage, they gave her the VISA with a $1000K-line. Since then, she used it frequently and they increased the CL to $6000.

Her CR shows two accounts: Her macy's only account (they call it "-FLEX-"), CL $1500, and her $6000 Visa...

Macy*s surprised me!

I was expecting a $100 credit limit with my BK and Repo 8] but was so overjoyed with the $600 CL they issued me. We'll see if I can try and get a higher CI after I pay my bill this month. :D

They give you CLI every 3 months...but you have to call them and ask for it.

I use to have macys card back 12 yrs ago. My credit limit was $2500 and I used the whole amount !! But I paid it all off and didn't use the card for 5 yrs and Macys closed the account due to no activity. I filed bankruptcy since having that account but it was discharged on 2/10/2006. I wonder if they would re-open an account since I was never late and paid off a $2500 debt.

Guess what guys...I was going online to Macy's.com and I was chatting with a representative and I asked him how can I get a CLI...He went ahead and gave me one...and he is reviewing my account to change me from the Red Card to the Gold Card...soooooo cool!!!! Yah should try it!!!

I believe it's 4 years after BK7 for Macy's if you included them in your BK. What is your EX like? I'd wait until at least 6 mos. after discharge to be safe.

Macy's uses the Plus score. I don't think you can use a debit card but the application form will tell you for sure.

What is the "plus" score most like, FAKO or FICO?

I do not want to drop MORE loot on another score and was wondering what it resembled most.

Thanks,

Lyle