I think since I posted this, they may have moved to the Vantage Score. I remember reading that somewhere. Anyway, it is not a FICO score. It's a FAKO, but one of the rare FAKOs actually used by a lender.

Don't know what my EX scores are yet. I'll find out before my next post though. I never had a Macy's account either. When I appplied on line I used my First Premier mastercard as a reference which is reporting as R1 open. The message said it needed more time :twisted: so I guess Macys is evaluating my application.

dll

In future, always remember to know your scores before you apply for something, and know which bureau your intended card will pull. If you do these two things--coupled with research on the card's approval parameters-- you'll possibly save yourself some wasted inquiries! :D

In a previous post I applied for the Macy's card. Well, I was denied "stating "previously delinquent with our firm". Never had macy's/any dept store cards. Any idea what other companies/stores fall under department stores national bank as issuer of the macy's card?

Macy's is issued by Department Stores National Bank ("DSNB"). They also issue Bloomingdales as well.

Some interesting reading comes from below. Seems that Citibank has acquired all accountd for Federated Department Stores, which Macy's and Bloomies fall under.

http://www.occ.treas.gov/interp/oct05/crad126.doc

"DSNB will be an operating subsidiary of Citibank. On September 20, 2005, the OCC granted preliminary conditional approval of the charter application after a determination that the proposal met applicable regulatory and policy requirements. In addition, the OCC approved the application involving (1) the purchase and assumption by Citibank of Federated’s credit card accounts and certain receivables from FDS Bank, a federal savings bank that is an indirect subsidiary of Federated, and (2) the transfer by Citibank of Federated’s credit card accounts and certain receivables to DSNB"

Reading from Federated Dept Stores site, it seems that they bought out May's Corp. Which means that the following stores will all be converted to Macy's in the comming months:

Famous-Barr

Filene's

Foley's

Hecht's Kaufmann's

L.S. Ayres

Marshall Field's

Meier & Frank Robinsons-May

Strawbridge's

The Jones Store

Thanks for the informative post DWfan. Yep, like I said I've never had any of those dept stores. I had a citibank credit card and I was an authorized user way back in 1990 which was paid off thru consumer credit counseling agency but that's all I can think of. Anyways I just ordered all three of my reports and I will study them to see if there are any incorrect accounts on there.

dll

I had a card when it was "The Bon" over here in Wa. State. My credit limit was a measily 100.00, due to job loss I had gone a bit late, but paid it up ASAP --and they closed it ANYWAY. They closed it AFTER I paid the entire balance. They then reported this info for like 13+ yrs! ("closed by credit grantor) Also, when things were going good and I had a nice job I tried to get it reopened and they said, "no." So, I don't care for them much. I worked for them to--but that's a whole other story.

Oh well...what I can say is having the new "Macy's" card appears to be a nice thing, especially if you're "Gold or Platinum" as you get free gift wraps and such--and believe me, at Christmas time that truly pays off because they do a fabulous job on wrapping. At any rate, I'll probably never bother applying...but I did get a "prepaid" card (with a small limit of like 40.00 or so) when I worked there...which does me NO good as they don't report to the CB's.

Elyse

Ok I am sooo confused :shock:

I applied for macy's and it says

"Your Macy's Card(s) are now activated and ready to use, happy shopping.

Your account is 4225449XXXXXXXX

You can now begin using your new account :shock:

So I got approved :shock:

xThudx

I know, I am still in shock!! :shock: I was like Huh??? for about 1 whole minute just staring at the computer screen :lol:

I have no idea what CL I got. I looked up the account and it says

"This is a new account not all account data may be available and no limit shows"

I am still sooooo excited. :everybodyclap: Do they report to all CRA's?

• Like 1

Got the ol' "$100.00" increase :? Whooopieee doooo! :roll:

Have had this card since July purchased 3 sets of bedsheets and paid in full the following month. I tried enticing the rep by telling her I was getting ready to do my X-Mas shopping and $100 just would not do. :lol: It didn't work. :? She just said "ok you're approved for $100" CLI :x

Cav, how long after they gave you your $100 increase did you chat with the rep online and become a gold member? Wonder how long I should wait before I call lor chat online. :confused:Never mind Cav, just reread your post and you posted in Jan that you had received 100 more CLI and then it wasn't until Jun that you got the offer to become gold member. Hope I don't have to wait that long. I might just purchase again PIF again and then call again. :roll:

Got the ol' "$100.00" increase :? Whooopieee doooo! :roll:

Have had this card since July purchased 3 sets of bedsheets and paid in full the following month. I tried enticing the rep by telling her I was getting ready to do my X-Mas shopping and $100 just would not do. :lol: It didn't work. :? She just said "ok you're approved for $100" CLI :x

Cav, how long after they gave you your $100 increase did you chat with the rep online and become a gold member? Wonder how long I should wait before I call lor chat online. :confused:Never mind Cav, just reread your post and you posted in Jan that you had received 100 more CLI and then it wasn't until Jun that you got the offer to become gold member. Hope I don't have to wait that long. I might just purchase again PIF again and then call again. :roll:

You have to use $500 or more within the year to get the next level. So now if I want the Silver card I need to spend over $1000 during the year. At $100 CLI I'm never going to get there. They suck on the CLI...Just don't get it...

You have to use $500 or more within the year to get the next level. So now if I want the Silver card I need to spend over $1000 during the year. At $100 CLI I'm never going to get there. They suck on the CLI...Just don't get it...

That's crazy!!! :evil: Sheesh....I will not concentrate on buidling up CLI on this card. That's for sure. On to the next one.....Hooters????

And that's another post.....just incase LNY is reading.....ok LNY? :)++