That's crazy!!! :evil: Sheesh....I will not concentrate on buidling up CLI on this card. That's for sure. On to the next one.....Hooters????

And that's another post.....just incase LNY is reading.....ok LNY? :)++

Yes I'm still hoping I get the Hooters card...

Yeah don't waste your breathe on the Macy's...

My sis got a card after a year of on time payments she went from $200...to $2500.00 go figure!

As I posted earlier today I was approved for Macy's for $800.00. What was weird is that I also had that screen saying enjoy shopping, this is ur acct# but no CL. So I called the number and it said $400, so I was like OK...Then later that day I received an email asking me to call them, so I did. They asked me some security questions (old addresses, mortgage paymetns and such) and at the end the guy said enjoy your $800 Credit Limit. I said nothing, didnt want to question the difference but was thrilled. It was kind of strange though. Just thought I'd mention it.

Macy't just approved me, I think..... I filled out the app and hit submit and then it went to a page asking me for registration info and gave me and account #. Then I refreshed the page because it froze up and it gave me the "your app requires further processing" message. Hmmm... If they pulled Exp. (I'll let ya'll know tomorrow when I update my Truecredit), I don't know how in the world they approved me. I used my Orchard card for a reference. My Experian should be my best score, but Truecredit, (FAKO), has it at 546! I also have 20 inquiries on Exp..... :-)

So I went to my account info for Macy's and no CL is showing up. It approved me for a Red card. I think that is the lowest level. Interesting!

Macy't just approved me, I think..... I filled out the app and hit submit and then it went to a page asking me for registration info and gave me and account #. Then I refreshed the page because it froze up and it gave me the "your app requires further processing" message. Hmmm... If they pulled Exp. (I'll let ya'll know tomorrow when I update my Truecredit), I don't know how in the world they approved me. I used my Orchard card for a reference. My Experian should be my best score, but Truecredit, (FAKO), has it at 546! I also have 20 inquiries on Exp..... :-)

So I went to my account info for Macy's and no CL is showing up. It approved me for a Red card. I think that is the lowest level. Interesting!

Why don't you give them a call and verify your approval.

Hey guys, just did the live chat thing with Macy's, (really cool and convenient for those of us at work...heehee!), and my limit is $100. Not what I wanted, but what I expected.

Here was part of our convo that I thought ya'll might find interesting:

Julie: Thank you. Your limit is 100.00.

Julie: Have I been able to answer all of your questions today?

DeAnna: Thank you very much. Do you know about when Macy's gives increases?

Julie: You would need to wait and have four payment in time for four months in a row in order for you account to be reviewed.

Hey guys, just did the live chat thing with Macy's, (really cool and convenient for those of us at work...heehee!), and my limit is $100. Not what I wanted, but what I expected.

Here was part of our convo that I thought ya'll might find interesting:

Yeah I always love doing the TEXT CHAT...It's much more convenient...even though lately isn't been taking forever...

I think sometimes banks look at what your other credit limits are, and most of mine are low. I read that somewhere on this board a while back. Like my other tradelines are Dillards-$150 limite, Target, $500 limit, Newport News $250 limit, Blair $250 limit, Crown Jewelers $1500, and Orchard $300. All 3 of my FAKO scores just took a 50 plus point dip for some reason. I think it was because Target just reported that I am at like 90% utililation on my card. Plus, I have 2 open, (but old), collections on my credit. I bet alot of different factors are included. They didn't ask me my income though, which I thought was odd.... My FAKO's right now are all in the 540's and 550's. My Transunion dropped from a 618 to a 556 (FAKO) when Target reported the new balance. So I am definintely going to pay that card off asap!

I was checking my EX report and suddenly noticed my NEW credit limit :shock: $1000!!:woot:

I had a limit of a measley $200 and that was after a $100 increase. My balance was $115. I'm actually shocked since I had almost written this card off when they only gave me a CL of $100 in Nov. Lucky for them I may just use this card again! :lol:

::jacked:: ...Target also gave me an increase of $300. Went from $200 to $500. All this surprised me since I had read that Macy's and Target were somewhat strict about their CLI not to mention my Target card was almost maxed.

I was checking my EX report and suddenly noticed my NEW credit limit :shock: $1000!!:woot:

I had a limit of a measley $200 and that was after a $100 increase. My balance was $115. I'm actually shocked since I had almost written this card off when they only gave me a CL of $100 in Nov. Lucky for them I may just use this card again! :lol:

::jacked:: ...Target also gave me an increase of $300. Went from $200 to $500. All this surprised me since I had read that Macy's and Target were somewhat strict about their CLI not to mention my Target card was almost maxed.

Yeah, I'm up to $2500 (I started at $500 in May) on Macy's. I have hardly ever touched the thing, either. They had put me up to $1000, then I charged $49, PIF and I shot up to $2500. Go figure.

The Target thing is standard... from $200 to $500 in a few months.

Guess what guys...I was going online to Macy's.com and I was chatting with a representative and I asked him how can I get a CLI...He went ahead and gave me one...and he is reviewing my account to change me from the Red Card to the Gold Card...soooooo cool!!!! Yah should try it!!!

What FICO is necessary to even qualify for the 100.00 credit limit, do you happen to know?

Elyse

I started at $100.00...I believe at the time my Fico's sucked...I was like at a 518 to 530.

I'm in the mid 540-550 range, but I'm SOOO chicken!!! Also, like I said I had an acct when they were "Bon-Marche" and it went to late payment status, but I had paid it up...but they closed it anyway...but that was back in 1992 or 1993. Do ya think they got a blacklist? If so, I wouldn't deserve to be on it darn it!!! I paid for pete's sake!!!

xchickx xchickx xchickx xchickx xchickx

Elyse

Is that your EX, Elyse? Remember, they have no income question on their app...

Yes. My Experian is 531...whatcha thinkin'? I should hold off, huh? GOSH the chicken is taking over.....cluck, cluck.......cluck!!!

Ok and since I got it out...here's the other scores...

Eq hates me and is 472, TU is 532...but this is as of Jan. 07. I haven't checked my scores lately. Ok, I was off--noway am I in the 540-550 range....my dh is because of some recent improvements I made to HIS credit.

Feathers fly everywhere....xchickx

Elyse

I was getting --> <-- this close to closing my Macy's account when I got a call from the Clinique counter about an upcoming promotion.

What the heck, I'll see what the next year brings.

I'm actually planning to close nearly half my credit cards.

Still on the Axe Real Soon list:

Target

Chase (the $300 one)

Yes. My Experian is 531...whatcha thinkin'? I should hold off, huh? GOSH the chicken is taking over.....cluck, cluck.......cluck!!!

Ok and since I got it out...here's the other scores...

Eq hates me and is 472, TU is 532...but this is as of Jan. 07. I haven't checked my scores lately. Ok, I was off--noway am I in the 540-550 range....my dh is because of some recent improvements I made to HIS credit.

Feathers fly everywhere....xchickx

Elyse

Check your EX before you apply. I was just reminding you that since you need TLs, Macy's is among the easiest applications out there.

EQ hates me too. ;)

I went to Macys.com to look at the application.....

My EX has 1 paid collection and 1 paid small loan...but tons of inquiries (8, 4 are more than a year old)

I saw at the bottom of the app that it asked for major credit card info.

I remember when we were first married (16 years ago) I shopped at Dillards alot and the saleslady was always telling me that if I had a major card, Dillards gave instant approval for their card.

Does that still hold true (if it even did in the first place??)