Just curious, did they do this at the store or did you call them up on the phone? I think I'm gonna try the store next time.

Macy's gave me an automatic CLI the other month...No soft pull, nada - just saw on my CR's that the limit was upped.

I just got an online msg to call when I applied for a MACY card a bit ago. So I did.

They apparently can't IDENTIFY ME???? with the info I gave?

Credit card, address phone number....SS#..all the stuff they ask for.

so

WTF is that all about? They guy said they had to send the app to another dept?? Must mean instant denial. And no I haven't burned them in the past. I paid them off in 1998, and closed the account.

He wouldn't even tell me what was wrong with the app~

while i havent asked macys for an increase, i did apply last summer at the store for the discount when you apply. they said approved, but i didnt know the limit until the card came in the mail.

$800 on the macys side, then $4000 on the visa side of it. my scores (last i saw earlier this year) were all right around 675 (EQ), 690 (TU) and 719 (EX).

if that helps anyone at all? lol

Wolf: Did you get approved for both cards at one time? Sounds like the same thing that happened to me, and I thought it was a fluke. I was approved for $1,500 on their store charge and a $6,000 Visa - my scores were incredibly low when I applied...And to this day, I'm convinced that their computer system really screwed up. :)

lovebug, yes i got both at once. i didnt realize until i called. i called to activate it and ask what my limit was - and thats when they told me that its one card, with a limit of $800 in macys, and then a limit of $4K anywhere else.

I needed a 4 digit TL at EQ and it looks like I'll have two when my BOA secured kicks in. I was looking for a TL that would pull from EX since I can easily remove the INQs if they act up...

Here is a bit of sad news though...if you have a FA and you apply for Bloomies or Macys, they will make you jump through hoops to get it. If you don't have an FA, it should pretty much be a quiet affair.

It was worth the 4 digit TL though....I am happy! I don't plan on shopping at Bloomies....just need that sweet TL for util. :)

Does anyone have any badies on their reports when they are getting approved for the Macy's card?

Just Curious!!

Jillie if your FICO on EX is about high 500 low 600, you will get an easy $100 limit. EX in the beginning was one of my worst reports but what was saving it was that old student loan I had told you about. But I got $100, and in 3-4 months it bumped up to $300. My FICO was a 620 EX and had some ridiculous baddies (still do).

I probably could have gotten the Bloomies sooner...but I had WAYYYY too many EX INQs and did not know at the time how to get rid of them. I now have 2 INQs from Bloomies, but I will give Bloomies a chance to get rid of the one for me (I won't fight the other one the FA way.....too scared that Bloomie will take it away.)

Well, I just called Macy's for a GLI and I was denied. This is my first time ever requesting one and I've had my card since 2006. And, of course, my limit is only $100. Oh, well. :(

Did you do any spending?

Did you do any spending?

Have I ever! I actually paid off the card, but then charged like $66. It has a balance of this now, but I did just put $15 on it. Maybe I should have waited until after this had posted. I've always paid more than the minimum ($5) and I think I was late 1 time just because I forgot about it but paid it as soon as I remembered.

my scores were pretty low 500 when I was approved for macy's 400 and bloomie's same. Haven't used it much as there is not store near me. No increase as of yet. Had card about 7-8 months

You have to actually call to get an increase.

Just speak to an agent and see if you are eligible for a Guideline Increase (GLI) not a Credit Line Increase.

I was able to get $200 the first time I tried. My first increase on any card down here in the US.

I also got a soft pull back in March.

I don't think this was a soft pull because I got an alert through my scorewatch with EX.

So either way they still use your CR for any kind of increase whether you request a credit limit or guideline increase.

If I applied online and got "Your request for an account has been received and requires further processing. We will contact you within 10 days. If you are currently making a purchase, please use another form of payment.

Thank you for shopping with us!" is Macy's telling me to FOAD? did anyone else get this and still get the card?

I applied for macys was denied because of previous deliquent account (robinsons-may) back in 1986 called 800 number found on this site asked for 2nd chance. I got approved with $600 limit. Called today ask for CLI the rep said she check my account to see if I qualify, and BAM I got $200 CLI, now my MACY'S is at $800. So hopefully they do give CLI every 3 months but ya won't know til you ask.

I applied for macys was denied because of previous deliquent account (robinsons-may) back in 1986 called 800 number found on this site asked for 2nd chance. I got approved with $600 limit. Called today ask for CLI the rep said she check my account to see if I qualify, and BAM I got $200 CLI, now my MACY'S is at $800. So hopefully they do give CLI every 3 months but ya won't know til you ask.

I had taken a break from Macy's but realized I was over my 3 month limit of asking for GLI, so I gave a call to customer service and got "Steve". "Steve" was very helpful though his very unWestern accent was a bit rough to understand. Anyway I Went from $300 to a nice $800 dollars. I can basically do some nicer clothes shopping now. So with DSNB I have a total of $2000 credit with them between Bloomies and Macys. So in 8 months I got a $700 jump.

::travolta::

Was curious about the Macys Card tiers (Red, Gold, Plat and "Elite")?

Do the tiers help when asking for a CLI? I finally spent the $500 required to get Gold, and I MIGHT be able to get Platinum by end of year. I am hoping this helps me get more CLI. :D

I do notice that when I go to a Macys store and show them the Red card, some of them give me wierd looks...it's probably in my head though. I am just happy I have the Gold.