Was curious about the Macys Card tiers (Red, Gold, Plat and "Elite")?

Do the tiers help when asking for a CLI? I finally spent the $500 required to get Gold, and I MIGHT be able to get Platinum by end of year. I am hoping this helps me get more CLI. :D

I do notice that when I go to a Macys store and show them the Red card, some of them give me wierd looks...it's probably in my head though. I am just happy I have the Gold.

Hey AboveAverage read my thread on Macys in the forms, I think I titled it "Macys Luv". I have spent a total of $25 and now I am up to $2000. I did not ask for any CLI's.

Keep in mind that I only spent $140 on two perfume sets in Bloomies. I called Bloomies today (they seem to keep their CSR reps on this side of the hemisphere...good deal!).

Anyway, I asked for a CLI. The lady was like "I don't think you're getting it because you only spent $140" Then she was like "oh wow, you got $1700". 500 more!! I told her, yeah, I know DSNB hooks up a CLI every 3 months. I might spend a couple of hundred more on more cologne and perfume. Hoping I see $2000 in another 90 days.

It's awesome and July has definitely been a good month. Hope it keeps coming.

Just called Macy's for a "guideline increase" (since I have had the card almost a year with no automatic increase.)

I went from $100.00 to $200.00 tonight.:roll: The card services supervisor told me from now on I can only get a increase every 6 months!

I read here it was only 3 months for evry increase you call in for. I hope it really isn't 6 months now.:(

Just called Macy's for a "guideline increase" (since I have had the card almost a year with no automatic increase.)

I went from $100.00 to $200.00 tonight.:roll: The card services supervisor told me from now on I can only get a increase every 6 months!

I read here it was only 3 months for evry increase you call in for. I hope it really isn't 6 months now.:(

According to someone on the other boards who works in the credit department for Macy's the 6-month increase is correct.

Plus, they are doing CLD for those who don't use their card regularly.

I got my 3 month increase just before they started doing the 6month.

I'm at $3600...I hope it stays there!