is transunion serious? I.T.S. TIME?

NUPE_1911

I recently sent a MOV to TU...

here's ther response:

RE: Verification Documents Not Available

"We store information in our records as it is supplied to us by creditors. When information is disputed, we are required to investigate and record the current ststus of the information. WE DO NOT PROVIDE DISPUTE VERIFICATION RESPONSES RECEIVED FROM CREDITORS. iF YOU NEED TO OBTAIN DOCUMENTATION OR WRITTEN VERIFICATION CONCERNING YOUR ACCOUNTS, THEN PLEASE CONTACT YOUR CREDITORS DIRECTLY"

Then it follows with the list of the tradelines on my report with the phone numbers and addresses....

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS

:evil:

It is their standard "we admit we don't do proper investigations letter and have no proof whatsoever to back up the verification" letter.

I love that letter because it flies int he face of established court cases.

Bryant v. TRW

United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit - September 20, 1982,

Plaintiff was an individual seeking credit to buy a house. Defendant was a credit reporting agency. Defendant supplied inaccurate information to a mortgage company, causing denial of plaintiff's home loan application. The home loan was eventually approved. Plaintiff sued for damages. The district court awarded plaintiff actual damages and attorneys' fees. Defendant appealed, contending that it was not liable under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) for accurately reporting information it received from consumers' creditors. The appellate court affirmed the district court's judgment. The court held that the FCRA § 607(B), 15 U.S.C.S. § 1681e(B), required a consumer reporting agency to do more than correctly report the information supplied to it by creditors. Plaintiff offered proofs from which the jury could properly have found that defendant's failure to use reasonable procedures to assure maximum possible accuracy caused damage to plaintiff's name and consequent anguish and humiliation.

Judgment affirmed where the jury could have found defendant's failure to use reasonable procedures to assure maximum possible accuracy damaged plaintiff.

Heck, that case has been on the books for over 20 years. You'd think they'd learn their lesson...strike that...it is more profitable for them to disobey the law...the penalties are still weaker than the profit they make by not obeying the law.

Do send an ITS letter. Do obtain counsel if you are not going to handle it pro-se. Do report it to the FTC since FACTA mandated that the FTC question the CRA for every legitimate complaint they receive and report to Congress how well the CRAs are doing.

I just wrote a short and to the point letter in my own words. I told them that by not responding to my MOV requests within the 15 days that the law allows them, that they violated the law(FRCA,Sec 611(a)(7)). I also told them that I would be reporting this to the FTC. At the end of the letter, I told them that I would cease all legal activity if they deleted the TLs within 5 days of receiving the letter(hope I didn't make a mistake by putting that line in). I also put in copies of my MOV request and the green card of when they received my MOV request. That's really all I did. Hope this helps and no your question doesn't sound stupid, how else are we going to learn if we don't ask questions! :D