Apartment Collections???? RE-AGING?

JustANewbie

I recently got an updated copy of my 3 CRs. I just found that EQUITY RESIDENTIAL (a property management company) is reporting 2 collection accounts. I contacted them via letter and got no response. I disputed with all 3 CRAs and it came back as verifed/remains...

I have no idea what to do with this. These are from an apartment I lived in back in 2000. I dont owe them any money and if I did, I would have paid it. I do not have any unlawful detainers or anything like that. I even got back a small amount of my security deposit.

Any Ideas? Can I DV them? Are they re aging this???

Address:

6404 INTERNATIONAL PKWY

PLANO, TX 75093 Account Number: XXXXXXXXX

Collection account. $2,376 past due as of Sep 2005.

Date Opened:

02/2003

Type:

Installment

Credit Limit:

NA

Date of Status:

05/2005 Terms:

1 Months High Balance:

NA

Reported Since:

05/2005 Monthly Payment:

$0 Recent Balance:

$2,376

Last Reported Date:

09/2005 Responsibility:

Individual Recent Payment:

$0

Account History:

Collection as of Sep 2005, Aug 2005, Jun 2005, May 2005

Address:

6404 INTERNATIONAL PKWY

PLANO, TX 75093 Account Number:

XXXXXXXXXXX

Collection account. $356 past due as of Sep 2005.

Date Opened:

11/2001

Type:

Installment

Credit Limit:

NA

Date of Status:

05/2005 Terms:

1 Months High Balance:

NA

Reported Since:

05/2005 Monthly Payment:

$0 Recent Balance:

$356

Last Reported Date:

09/2005 Responsibility:

Individual Recent Payment:

$0

Account History:

Collection as of Sep 2005, Aug 2005, Jun 2005, May 2005

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

call the credit bureaus. you could also report them to the better buisness bureaus, or look up your options online via the fair lending and trade acts. if this was a judgement against you, they remain on your credit bureau for up to 10 years, but if it is a satisfied debt, it should state. if it were me, i would report them to your local attorney generals office and have them open up an investigation. be sure to inform the property management group that you are doing so, before you report them, and then see what happens. sometimes, a threat like that works!

I checked to see if there were any judgements affiliated with these TLs. There are NOT! (whew!)

I am attempting to DV them and disputing them with the CRAs. I will let you know what happens. I have stated that I am going to contact the AG and the BBB regarding this, if they do not resolve it immediately.

Thanks guys (and gals) :)