Not sure if this loan is a "student loan"

CrzyAmeriCan

I had a loan a few years back. I am not sure it is legally a student loan. It is marked on my credit report in the comments section as a student loan. How would I find out if this is a legal "student loan"? I was under the impression it was just a loan when i signed the paper work.

The reason I ask is because I need to know if an SOL applies to it. If I am correct SOL does not apply to "student loans".

The OC was "Student Finance Group". It was "Transfered or sold" according to the report. I am not sure to whom though.

I had a loan a few years back. I am not sure it is legally a student loan. It is marked on my credit report in the comments section as a student loan. How would I find out if this is a legal "student loan"? I was under the impression it was just a loan when i signed the paper work.

Do you have a copy of the prom note?? Are you paying it or have you defaulted??

The reason I ask is because I need to know if an SOL applies to it. If I am correct SOL does not apply to "student loans".

The OC was "Student Finance Group". It was "Transfered or sold" according to the report. I am not sure to whom though.

I googled Student Finance Group and didnt get any hits. However, this doesnt mean much as a lot of companies have been bought up. What type of school did you go to?? Is there any indication on your CR as to who is collecting it now??

DocDon,

Simple really. It was applied for over the phone and I was young & dumb. I just signed the paper work which I assumed was just a regular loan. It was all done very fast. CDL school.

LynnInMN,

I do Not have a copy of any paperwork. I have defaulted.

The School was a truck Driving School. (Had to do the school even though I had my class A License.) The Large Companies required you have the "School" It keeps the Insurance down. I had been driving for 10 years in the Military. Back to the point.......

The last I show it had been "Charged off or Sold" My wifes CR which is more recent (she cosigned) Shows it open and Pays as agreed :speechless: I will correct all of that later. But to answer your last question. I have no clue at this moment who is trying to collect or if they even are.