Looking for a new CC to apply to

Hi,

I'm looking to apply to a new CC. I currently have orchard(450), HHB(500)& C1 (1000). I'd like to apply to a prime credit card.

my scors are from around 590-643(this was on my TU report, not sure how accurate), so let's say they are in the very very low 600's. Do I even qualify for prime card?

I do have lots of late payment, all at least 3 yrs old. And a few collections, paid & unpaid.

Thanks.

it seems the distinction is starting to blur a bit.

Subprime generally have higher interest rates, annual fees, and some have numerous miscellaneous fees like "account maintenance", "online access", "credit limit increase", etc. Secured cards fall into here because you're paying for the line of credit.

There's some that offer everything from sewer subprime to prime cards. Crap1 is an example of that. Looks like Providian is starting to fall into that category too. Even BoA dips into this category with their secured cards.

I wonder if we should define a new set for the ones that do not even delve into the subprime, Such as Morgan Stanley's Discover card and American Express. Call these "superprime".

Grim, I was under the impression that Orchard/Housebold bank were like subprime and the HSBC Mastercard/GM Mastercard etc were like thier "normal" cards.

But strange thing, my wife got two invitaions to accounts on the same day, one from Household for Premier Platinum and one from Orchard for a super fabulous plus Platinum. Both approved at 12.9 fixed, no annual fee for $2000 each.

I've never heard of this such high limits w/ these cards, let alone on the first try. Is this rare or something new?

So which would you say is better? Prime or Subprime. Here is a list of my cards. Can you tell me which is which?

Providian - In between - Used to be strictly subprime but I think they are moving up the scale, like Crap1 is trying to do

Target - Retail (Visa or Guest?) - guest is pretty subprime

Chevron - Retail, subprime, easy builder

BOA - Prime

Dell - Retail - high interest

Chase Visa - Prime

Macy's - Retail

Retail cards tend to be a tad easier to get, except those handled by CitiSkank (Sears, Home Depot). Dell seems fairly easy to get according to MarvBear's database but the interest is awful! 29.99%!!

What do you guys mean by adding WAMU? A credit card from Washington Mutual? I would assume my score would need to be higher, right? I've banked with them for over 5 yrs, would that affect it?

Washington Mutual bought out Providian. As far as being a bank customer of WAMU affecting the credit card decision I wouldn't know.

Grim, I was under the impression that Orchard/Housebold bank were like subprime and the HSBC Mastercard/GM Mastercard etc were like thier "normal" cards.

But strange thing, my wife got two invitaions to accounts on the same day, one from Household for Premier Platinum and one from Orchard for a super fabulous plus Platinum. Both approved at 12.9 fixed, no annual fee for $2000 each.

I've never heard of this such high limits w/ these cards, let alone on the first try. Is this rare or something new?

HSBC seems to run the whole scale these days. Keep in mind, Household is a small piece of HSBC (which is Hongkong Shanghai Banking Company - the Communist Chinese). Sounds like HSBC wants to rearrange their portfolio and remove Orchard name from it's long time "subprime credit to those who can't get it elsewhere" niche in the market.

What do you guys mean by adding WAMU? A credit card from Washington Mutual? I would assume my score would need to be higher, right? I've banked with them for over 5 yrs, would that affect it?

All I know is, it doesn't necessarily affect BofA or Wells Fargo, so I would

assume the same w/ Washington Mutual. I filed BK on Wash. Mutual's

overdraft protection, and they just gave me a new Providian Visa so

something tells me not everything is completely "merged" so to speak.