how do you get paid negatives off CR

curlysu

I am new to this, so any help is appreciated.

I am having a really hard time getting my paid negatives off my credit report. Does anyone know how to do this? I have mailed a letter requesting validation from the collection company. none replyed except for one. I called them and asked for it to be removed. They refused.

I would like to get them off, they are all paid, this would clean up my credit.

yes and the companies verified it they said. So now I mailed the letters and didn't hear back except with the one company.

I called that company and explained my ex-husband's name was on there and I didn't know about it until it was on my credit report. They refused to take it off.

The other 3 never replied. I have disputed that with the CR and sent them the tracking number. I haven't heard back yet.

My first suggestion would be to read through the Debt Validation and Collections forum and also this forum as well.

Yeah, it is a pain but it is loaded with so many posts and threads with situations that are probably very similar to yours. It will take a lot of time and patience. Back in the day, I spent hours sifting through them and I learned a lot, especially since EVERY situation is different...

Verification by the CRAs doesn’t really mean anything. All a CRA does is simply ask their subscriber if the information of this trade line is correct. And guess what, the subscriber says yes because they were the ones that put it there.

There is no real investigation that goes on regardless of what the CRAs say.

To get such credit items removed, you then have to try to catch the CRA or the collector in a violation. And if they maintain sloppy records, then it is actually pretty easy to catch them in one. I have gotten my negative items removed in this fashion (even a paid collection item that was five years old).

I called that company and explained my ex-husband's name was on there and I didn't know about it until it was on my credit report. They refused to take it off.

This is the wrong approach. Never call the OC once its paid. Never Admit this is your debt to them over the phone once its paid off. Never admit to a CRA, CA JDB or anyone that this is your debt (except a Judge in a court of law.) The Creditor makes a notation of your call in your computer file and the file then becomes newly active. This delays any chance of getting a delete because the creditor is running out of data storage space.

Dispute Dispute Dispute... Don't call with sob stories after its all done and paid.

Good luck,

I have had much success with getting paid collections removed from my CR. All I did was to write the collection agency (EVERYTHING must be done in writing) asking them to Validate, I sent the letter so that someone has to sign to get it and when whoever signs it, the post office will send you a green card letting you know that it has been recieved. (I forgot what it's called) After you recieve your green card back, wait thirty five days, write the CRA's and dispute the account/accounts, whether or not the collection agency validates or not didn't matter in my case, cause a little known FACT is that collection agencies purge your records after the account has been paid. Anyway, about 15 days after I had disputed with the CRA's, the negative trade lines were removed. Also, something you can do is dispute the old addresses that's on your CR, have the CRA's only list your current address, that helped me with 3 negatives.

I hope this helps.

P.S. I read something about that if the collection agency (that you write) writes you, telling you that they have no record of you, and you go ahead and dispute the Trade Line with the CRA's and they validate it that you have a good lawsuit case. Just a thought. Good luck.

I mailed the letters in Nov 2005 and now am disputing this with the credit bureau. I wrote a letter requesting it be removed since I sent a letter certified asking validation and have not heard back. I am mailing them a copy of the letter I mailed to the company and copy of the green card they signed for and mailed back to me.

Is there anything else I should do? Write to the companies again asking they remove it?

I mailed the letters in Nov 2005 and now am disputing this with the credit bureau. I wrote a letter requesting it be removed since I sent a letter certified asking validation and have not heard back. I am mailing them a copy of the letter I mailed to the company and copy of the green card they signed for and mailed back to me.

Is there anything else I should do? Write to the companies again asking they remove it?

Let me see if I have this straight: You mailed the letters to the collection agencies? in Nov 2005 and are now disputing these with the CRAs. So, then, since you haven't heard back from the CAs, you wrote and are sending another letter enclosing copies of the original letter, along with the green card.

I think that if you send them another letter, that it just gives them another thirty or thirty five days to respond, bearing in mind that a collection agency doesn't have to reply at all, I THINK, (IS ANYONE ELSE READING THIS STUFF?? IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I WAS BUFFED UP ON THE DETAILS OF THESE THINGS, DIVA HELP!!!) BUT if Im right curlysu, I would check my Credit Reports, since you have already disputed with the CRAs, and when the thirty five days that you're supposed to wait is up, if the items are not removed, I would send the CRAs a letter letting them know, in NOT A NICE WAY, that they are reporting INACCURATE information, and that you had sent letters to these collection agencies, asking them to Validate. But that they had not sent you any kind of proof that these collections even belong to you, and that if they (the CAs) can't even Validate to you that these are yours, how can they (the CRAs)?

I don't know, maybe I'm way off base here but that sounds like $THOUSAND$ worth of fines.

But anywho try asking Divamedic or Radio Guy, that's the AWESOME thing about this site, there is always someone willing to help!! GOOD LUCK

I will wait to mail the other letters to the collection companies then until my 35 days is up with the Credit Bureau. Does it matter that they are paid in full and I asked them to validate?

also the one response I got from a collection company, all they sent me were statements. wouldn't they have to send me something other than statements? like the checks I wrote? or the deposits I made? Is is enough to send me bank statements to validate? This is the one I tried to call and let them know my ex-husband never made the deposit, so my check for $50.00 bounced, then I filed for divorce, and moved. I never knew it wasn't paid! They refused to take it off my credit report. I didn't they they validated it enough with just bank statements.

Hello Curly sue

I removed all of my "paid collections" off of my credit report.

Just keep sending the letters for validation, and get increasinly threatning, by the time you send the "intent to sue" letter, they will remove them.

You have to be consistent, and I sent mine all certified letters every 30 days. They are not going to respond until they see you are serious. They get letters all the time.

Make each letter

cc: bbb, ftc, attorney general etc....

list all of your certified tracking numbers on each letter, everythime you send it out.

Most collections will remove the account without even contacting you.

Hope this helps!!! :D:D

• 2 weeks later...

These tactics seem to not work with Verizon. First time, they sent me a letter stating the account was paid. Second time, they stated my claim is frivolous and would not investigate. By the way the charge-off was for an early terminiation fee anyway. I did not sign a contract with them. I know they have no way to prove it. Any advice would be appreciated.