Please Help Need Some Advice

thenewguy

Well, I'm pretty new to the credit repair game. Although I do know a thing or two and have been reading through this board for about a week or so which I think has helped me out. I have a question though on what to do with my current situation.

I have one negative standing out on my credit report. Its a now charged off account from MNBA bank (CC account) which I owe about 407 on. Now, my finances are in much better shape now and I can more than afford to pay this. My thing is I would like to get as much information of this removed from my CR as possible.

This occured about 1.5 years ago so its in the hands of a CA agent now, and I've read on here they will generally not do Pay for Deleates? The CA has seemed to give up calling me and just keeps sending me letters at this point trying to get me to agree to a settlement. I have not responded to these letters to this point.

Really my question is what is the best way to go about getting off the majority of the orginal charge off and then the CA notes that will clealry now be on the report.

Basically I don't want to go and pay them 407 bucks and not have much of a change when it comes to my report.

Any and all advice is welcome, thanks so much!

If MBNA still owns the account, then you might try a "goodwill" letter directly to them. Send it to the executive offices, and say something along the lines of "....gee whiz, golly I don't know how this happened....thought you guys were all taken care of...just found you on my credit reports...I'll be happy to pay this in full...really like your company...what can we do to make this right...".

You might wind up with some lates on your CR, but any TL from the CA should be gone...