Oh... my... GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

LNY

I have, in the last two months, succeeded in removing EVERY SPECK of negative info from my TU! Even my BK!!! And 11 IIB's.

Now, I have no doubt that some of it will return... especially Capital One, who LOVES to report monthly on accounts that were IIB'd five years ago. But I will keep a close watch on reinsertion, and if they don't tell me me within five days, there will be trouble.

I am enjoying my dumb luck while it lasts. WHOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

The CRAs are required to prevent items deleted by consumer dispute from reappearing unless the furnisher certifies that the tradeline is accurate and complete...the CRA must also notify you in writing not later than 5 days after the reinsert. If you challenge a reinsert with a MoV letter, the CRA would have to give you a copy of the certification.

Items removed due to fraud must be permanently supressed by the CRA, no matter what the furnisher says...all it takes is a police report.

I had deleted 7 IIB's in Oct. by pointing TU to the "estimated date this item will be removed" notations, which were all in the past. Don't know where they get these dates, but I filed in 2000 and had no DOLAs or 1st delinquencies earlier than that.

So a couple of weeks ago I notice the date my BK is scheduled to come off (which is supposed to be 10 yrs from filing) incorrectly shows 10 years from discharge instead. I disputed that, and got a letter today saying the BK had been DELETED. (Huh?!)

I then noticed the only remaining adverse accounts were all past the "estimated date this item will be removed." I called and a supervisor deleted them on the spot. An agent had told me they needed to be formally disputed. I asked to speak to a supervisor. He first also told me they'd have to dispute, but then looked at the accounts, put me on hold, and then came back and said "Good news! All of those have now been deleted. It should have happened automatically on those dates." (Huh?!)

And I have no doubt that at least Capital One will report again next month and reappear. They tried to re-age me on Equifax and I got their phony "date of 1st major delinquency" of 11/05 (on an account that BK'd in 2000?!) corrected. They report every month and do everything in their power to keep negs on your report for as long as possible.

Question, though... if these accounts reappear, and I'm properly notified, am I stuck with them? They are, unfortunately, accurate.

OK, so I get my updated report from TU today, and while those 4 accounts have been deleted, a previously deleted account--disputed in October, deleted in November--has now reappeared (which shows an "estimated date of removal" of 8/05). No, I was never notified of the reinsertion and wouldn't have known about it at all if I didn't receive this new report connected to an unrelated dispute. And the reappeared information is incorrect, shows a date closed of 11/05 instead of 12/00. (DOLA is 9/00.)

TU rep denies all knowledge of 5-day rule, says I'm wrong about that and refused to put me through to a supervisor who is familiar with the FCRA. Meanwhile, I'm expected to pay every month to see if previously deleted items reappear, and redispute every time they do.

There has to be a better way. What's the point of getting your BK removed if IIB's still remain?!

Hopefully I haven't just asked for trouble, but I wrote them CMRRR, demanding that the reinserted item be permanently deleted, as I was not notified as per the FCRA. I wrote that they reinserted a deleted item, and now the information is more incorrect that before, showing a date closed of 11/05 when the account was closed in 12/00. I also demanded that any item previously deleted that is reinserted be either notified to me as required by law, or permanently deleted without reinvestigation despite re-reporting.

They'll probably restore all my deletions--including my BK--out of spite now. Whaddya gonna do, right?