Please Critique my Article (Disputes with Original Creditor)

admin

What do you think of the article  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Your article states most keep records for X number of months. I can see that for bottom feeders like Crap1, and the pre-WaMu Providian, but OC's like Amex and Discover - from my readings they keep good - and very detailed records.

Now granted how many times has Discover been sold over the years? Started off as Sears, then Greenwood Trust, then something else in between and now it's Morgan Stanley.

Damit, I thought I chose Excellent but clicked Good instead. :( I am sorry. The article is AWSOME.

I guess the big question will be what consititutes verification/validation?

The OC could just resond by saying you owe the money like Sears did when I filed under the AGO of my state. No proof, just a torse letter saying I owed the money and my last payment was on such and such date. How do you know what is proper validation? (NOTE: I did not owe Sears. The mistake is on their end and they will not correct.)

You know this question is going to come up. And people will want your advise on a second letter disputing the OC's response.

Damit, I thought I chose Excellent but clicked Good instead. :( I am sorry. The article is AWSOME.

No biggie. :)

I guess the big question will be what consititutes verification/validation?

Again, the term is VERIFICATION since we are talking about the FCRA.

The OC could just resond by saying you owe the money like Sears did when I filed under the AGO of my state. No proof, just a torse letter saying I owed the money and my last payment was on such and such date. How do you know what is proper validation? (NOTE: I did not owe Sears. The mistake is on their end and they will not correct.)

The proof needs to be something, it can be as little as a payment history. You could take them to court, as they did not provide proof. However, you need to dispute with the credit bureaus FIRST.

You know this question is going to come up. And people will want your advise on a second letter disputing the OC's response.

I thought about this - I will add something.

Your article states most keep records for X number of months. I can see that for bottom feeders like Crap1, and the pre-WaMu Providian, but OC's like Amex and Discover - from my readings they keep good - and very detailed records.

Now granted how many times has Discover been sold over the years? Started off as Sears, then Greenwood Trust, then something else in between and now it's Morgan Stanley.

That's why I said MOST companies have lousy records. The only other one who keeps good records is Citibank. Providian, MBNA, CrapOne, Chase, they all suck.

Thanks, Kristy. That rocks. I had questions about this very thing a while back, and started a thread about it here:

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34057

yragcom1, I checked out the thread - yes, this is exactly what I was attempting to clarify. Thanks.

Hi Kristy!!!

Excellent article!! My only suggestion is that at the end of the article, you list step 5 to explain what happens if the OC does or does not reply to your request for verification. If OC replies with proof of verification, then I guess that's that. But if they don't, do we write back to the CRA to inform them that we failed to receive verification and therefore they should remove the listing? Or, do we go straight to suing the OC for FCRA violation?

Other than that, awesome, awesome, awesome!!!

Regards,

TD

• 2 weeks later...