Is this letter to simple?

Ohgeez

I've got a Capital One Bank account that is showing up differently from all three CRAs.

TransUnion has this on the PAY STATUS: >120 Days Past Due< and shows a date closed of 08/2001.

I clicked on the SAMPLE LETTERS link above and saved a few. Is this too simple to send along? Will I actually get a response on this?

To Whom it May Concern:

Steve S.

SSN XXX-XX-XXXX

Address: 1 E. Any Street, Anytown, USA

(Current address for last 5 years)

DOB: 1/1/00

I've just reviewed my credit report and have noticed there are several inaccurate items on my report:

Chase VISA Acct: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxx:

This account is listed as being 30 days late. I have never been late on this account.

Sears Acct: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxx:

This account is listed as being 30 days late. I have never been late on this account.

Universal Acct: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxx:

In addition, there are a number of credit accounts which have been inactive for more than 7 years. As you know, the FCRA states that all credit older than 7 years should be removed from my report. The following accounts should be removed:

Diner's Club Acct: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxx:

GE Consumer Card Acct: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxx:

Macy's Acct: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxx:

I have enclosed a copy of my driver's licence as proof of identity.

Sincerely,

Steve S.

The BIGGEST drawback with disputing with Trans Union is that they are trigger happy in deleting positive accounts...

They have zapped five of mine.... I have only managed to get one restored... And TU won't budge with the other four even though the creditors have tried numerous times to get it reinserted...