Orchard Dec. approvals-card yet????

Anyone who were approved for Orchard credit card in the month of Dec.0did you get your card yet??? I applied and was approved on 12/6 and haven't received my card yet. It's an unsecured card and I called orchard-csr told me I should receive card in 7-10 days. I called to see if they had ran out of plastic-a problem they have had in the past-and was told as of 11/29-that was no longer a problem. I was hoping to get the card before christmas.

dindy- I applied back in November and was approved for an unsecured card. I called to see where my card is and the CSR told me their factory had indeed ran out of plastic to make their cards. As of 11/29 the issue was resolved, but she told me that I prolly would not receive the card for 2-3 weeks. This phone call was 3 days ago. Prepare to wait.

I was approved December 4th and have not received my card in the mail yet either. I haven't been told about them running out of plastic, but they did tell me when I called on Monday (2 days ago) that it was currently taking 14 business days for new cardholders to receive their cards. They told me if I did not receive it by Friday, 12/23, to give them a call.

Haha, yeah the saga continues...this company is very slow with processing. I registered for online account management and used the card at amazon the other night and it has not posted. My payment due date has not yet been assigned. I can only imagine it will take a couple months to appear as a trade line on my CR. Now where the shizzle is my Chevron card? I already sent them my $30 application. I think I will try applying for a 'better' card come next fall. I would like to establish a good history of on time payments with these two cards and my auto loan with chase (going into it's 2nd year) while paying off 2 chargeoffs with Neiman Marcus (HSBC) and Discover. I think I can get those settled from the 8K to 5K. B of A turned me down for a secured card b/c of the unpaid CO's. But yeah, LNY you're right...I did need this card. Thanks!

Sorry everyone--I just now saw all of the replies here! LOL:). I did get my card in 20 days. A $400 limit (unsecured) with $39 annual fee. I haven't used it yet b/c I am so darn paranoid of racking up debt, which I just got out of. I did get the one with bubbles! Pretty cool looking I think:).

I am on a roll doing research now on the best ways to increase my FICO score. I have read to only charge up to 30% of your limit (which for me would be about $120, but add in interest (14%) and I am limiting myself to $100 charged on it each month). Also, pay off the balance each month. I have already put $100 payment per month in my monthly budget, which I STRICTLY adhere to. I'd rather be bullwhipped than go through crappy credit mess again. The budget thing has helped me so much over the past year. I have no desire to really spend $100 per month though--should I use it a little each month to better increase my score?

I also will constantly check my reports and scores for errors every 2 or so months and not apply for any other credit for 6 months.

Credit rebuilding is a LONG road, but oh so worth it. I am determined:)

Tara :D

Edit: Forgot to answer the question about my credit score. They pulled my Experian credit report/score, which was 599.

I'm with you. After going through the nightmare of bankruptcy five years ago, NEVER AGAIN. I am now averse to debt. I use credit cards sparingly and only because I know I have to in order to maintain credit status. I have never exceeded a total debt (over all cards) of $600 since my BK. It's kind of an obsession but it's way better than the alternative.

So do you guys have the same bubbles as my Hosuehold card--the blue ones? LOL, just trying to unhijack the thread. To answer your question... use it a little each month ($25 or so) and pay it in full. Keeps it reporting actively, and at a zero balance if you pay before the statement drops.

It's kind of becoming an obsession with me too--bad credit just plum bites.

I did get the one with the blue bubbles:). For some reason, I thought it was clear with blue bubbles on it from the picture--oh well--it's a credit card that will rebuild my credit. I honestly wouldn't care if it were FLAMING orange :D .

Although I am paranoid to charge ANYTHING--I realize that I must charge something and pay it off each month in order to show a positive paying history.

I wonder how long it takes my new Orchard TL to show up on my CR?

Tara :D

For a year after my BK I had no cards and paid for everything with my debit card... if I don't have it, I don't spend it. That was the rule. Then I found out that I was harming my credit status by not having cards and running up debt. GO FIGURE. So I got a few cards.

I still pay for mostly everything with my debit card. My chosen rule of thumb is that if I cannot, at any given time, comfortably pay off all my debt at once without really feeling it, I have too much debt. I generally keep it at under $500 total (usually around $200-300). It may be extreme, but debt frightens the living daylights out of me now. So much so that I could get a $25,000 limit card with 0% interest tomorrow, and I still would not be even a little bit tempted to run it up past a hundred bucks.

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread, already in progress...

HSBC in general is very quick to report new accounts. I got a Union Plus card recently and it was on my report before I even received the card.

You sound just like me. I have been the debit card queen for a long time--now I realize it was hurting more than helping. I have learned so much in the past year than I have in the 35 years I have been alive before that. Now that I am on the right track, paranoia aside, I am thankful for how far I have come:).

To the original thread...LOL....I think 14% interest, $400 limit and only $39 yearly fee was good for me. I got a few mail offers before this one, but scrutinized them carefully. One was for a Tribute Mastercard, $300 limit offered, but a yearly fee of $150 and you had to pay a payment before you received the card. I think the interest rate was in the 20%-range. No thank you. As I stated above, I'd rather be bullwhipped.

Thanks for all of your input LNY--it's so nice to have this forum to come to. The main thing I have learned in all of this is responsibiilty and using my brain when it comes to making financial decisions:).

Tara:D

My Household card is at about 22% interest now because the original agreement almost four years ago was for 14% over prime. I have $165 on it and will just pay it off and not use it anymore. That's highway robbery. I also pay a $39 fee. My Union Plus card (both of these are HSBC, like Orchard) is the same interest rate as your Orchard but no fee. Like I said before, your TL should show up pretty fast on your reports. It will probably show up as "HSBC NV" instead of Orchard.

Gosh--22% is high. You could do the $20 a month thing and keep it positive on your CR. I am wanting more positives than negatives on my CR. For so long it has been the other way around--it's time for a change .

One last question and then I'll shut up and quite hijacking this thread...Does Orchard report to all 3 CRAs?

Thanks in advance

:D