What if CRA shows collection acct as an open account ?

tmac01

EQ is showing a collection account from Palasides as a open account when it shows clear and simple on Eq website under the account information that it is an account from Palisades and the original account was from AT&T Wireless. I am in the middle of disputing this account and EQ has until the 26th of this month to verify this account. Should I wait until the investigation is done ? or should I send them a letter now stating this incorrect information on this account asking for immediate deletion ? What should I do, THANKS :D

Divemedic,

I disputed this account with the CA Palisades and it is now gone with EX and TU. So if the CA is reporting it as an open account then why didn't TU and EX report it as an open account. They reported it as a collection account. EQ is the only CRA reporting it as an open account and its definately a collection account.,What should I do ? Thanks :)

Okay, so one last question.

If they verify then I write them back stating a s2B violation which would be the account is showing as an open account and it is a collection account. I hate to be elementary but would my letter to EQ read like this: Dear EQ,

you are reporting an account as open which in fact it is not. It is a collection account and you are showing it as a open acct. Please remove this acct immediatel because this is a s2B violation. ..etc...

Sorry I wrote so much but I want this acct gone because My EQ score was flawless until this acct came around. Thanks again :D

Well I guess I've confused myself as well. One day for at least two months it is showing as a collection account with all 3 CRA's. With EQ it is called a derogatory account. I then dispute it with the CA 1st and then with all 3 CRA's. BOOM !!EX and TU delete the account but EQ moves its status from a collection account (derogatory) to a delinquent and opn account. It just isn't fair and I just don't see how they can do this lawfuly. Anyway thanks for all the help I'll get it fixed...

You are placing blame IMO in the wrong place. EQ didn't move it. The CA moved it, by changing the way it was listed in the eoscar system. The most probable reason it was deleted on EX and TU was that they didn't respond within the 30 day dispute time frame.

The reason this happens is that Pallisades is under the mistaken beliefe that since they have bought a debt, that makes them the OC and not a CA. Of cource it is illegal, that is why so many of us sue companies like this.