collection agency did not validate-Credit Bureau updated

curlysu

well, first of all. what state you in? If in Texas you can already sue because they are required to sent something back in wirtting within 30 days.

You already have them on Federal violations anyhow. You could either, a, send an Intent To Sue letter to them, CMRRR, or you can go find an attorney that will take the case.

I just got 3grand from Attention LLC for doing this same thing

I am in Kansas. what letter do I send? do you have a sample letter that you used? I prefer to do this myself.

I sent my letter over 30 days ago. I sent another one on Friday letting them know they are in violation. My collections are paid. I just wanted them off my credit report. I disputed it with the credit bureau and now it says updated. it wouldn't be updated unless they confirmed it, right?

They violated § 1681s–2(a)(3). Only your state's attorney general has any right of action, so you can report them to your state AG.

Another way to try to remove the paid collection is asking Experian for method of verification. Yet another way is a nutcase letter to the CA.