removing misprinted names from credit report

ctnmkp

Either because of my ex-wife or business mistake I have an altered name on my credit report. How can I dispute this error because I have never gone by anything other than my given name? Thanks.

More often than not, it is not a mistake on your end but on the creditor's end... Whatever information they input into their system, that automatically part of your record even if it is incorrect...

And lots of creditors are sloppy... It used to happen to me all the time...

just give them a call and let them know that there are inaccurate names on your report, usually they will *say* they are putting it in dispute and a day or two later it will be gone. The other option is writing a letter listing all the names you want removed with a photocopy of your Drivers Lic (with the number blacked out) and stating what your legal name is.

The only problem may be that if any of your credit lines list a funky name, it may reappear, so if that happens, check with all of your creditors. Good Luck!

well.. basicially the reason why is you don't ever want to give the CRAs more info than you ever have to. It is not their business and if you send it with out the number blacked out, you can bet that you will start seeing it on your reports and it is one more piece of info that can tie you to TLs you don't want it to tie you too. :)