Target Store Card

Just got approved for a target store card. I tried for the target visa and I got denied, and they automatcily applied me for a target store card, to which I was approved with a $200 limit.

So now, I guess my question would be, do you think they pulled my credit only once?

Also. I am going to try and keep this card between 15% and 30% balance, from what I remeber from reading on this site over a year ago.

My next step is for a secured loan, with the quick payoff trick.

Thank You!!

Okay besides Grim everybody has one. You should shop there Grim they have everything you need.

:D

Just don't like shopping. I get too stressed out looking at the prices on stuff, and then pissed off when I look at items to see where they are made and I see Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, and Korea. Occasionally Mexico.

I didn't say I *never* shop Target, I just don't go enough to justify the inquiry hit to get the Target card. Maybe once every 2 months or so.

You have to remember, Grim lives in a bomb shelter. He's stocked with enough canned and paper goods to survive years past the imminent attack of the Commies. He'll be safe and sound, snickering at the thought of all of us lying lifeless in the aisles of Target, foreign-made gewgaws clutched tightly in our cold, dead hands. "I told you sooooooooo!!!" :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

Well After seeing my CR devoid of all inquiries within the past 6 months, I decided to give the Target card a whirl. I applied for visa, and with my mid-700's FICO should be no problem right?

BZZZT! Nope. Got the guest card instead. :complainer:

I'd like to see what the explanation of THIS one will be...

And they pulled TU, which only has a late 30 way back in March 1999.

Good Lord, Grim, are you kidding??? :shock:

How odd that they pulled TU. I thought they always pulled EQ. Did you have a lot of inquiries in the last year? I mean, they might tone down the effect on FICO after 6 months, but creditors still take them into account for at least a year. Do you have a lot of recent new accounts, maybe?

I do have two new accounts - the State Farm Visa and Speedway gas card that's reporting to TU. Patelco, Chevron, and my personal loan are on EX. State Farm is reporting to EQ. I've bumped off my inquiries on TU. So I am curious as to why they only issued me a Guest card and not the Visa.

I have that bogus collection on my EQ that I'm about to sue over, but other than that my EQ is clean. If I got denied because of the EQ then I'll have more rope with which to hang EQ.