Furnisher Of Information

Leadhead

Here's a conundrum:

Back in mid-September I found and disputed a 30 day late with EQ on a Chase CC account. My Sept EQ report was showing the August payment as 30 days late. I truly was not delinquent. I also contacted Chase in writing and disputed with them, as well as EQ.

I received a report in late September confirming the 30 day late was gone. I also received a letter from Chase stating the delinquency was an error and they'd corrected it.

Today, I checked my Privacy Guard report and the August 30 day late is back on there. It was reported on Dec 2 and I never received a notice from EQ it was placed back on there.

Now I know I can get EQ for reinserting previously deleted info. Is there any culpability under the FCRA for Chase? Perhaps 623(B)?

Any opinions would be appreciated.

I'd go after EQ.. they have most of the responsibility. They are the ones who are supposed to mask that info and sometimes let it slip back on.

Chase MIGHT have if you call them and they don't correct it.

I'd start with EQ first.. because you have proof of it being removed then re-inserted.

Honestly not sure if this is pertinent, but I'm not sure if Privacy guard is really current. Shouldn't you check an actual EQ report before assuming it is NOW listed...

Sorry, forgot to mention.

Afte seeing PG report, I immediately went to EQ's site and bought a report directly from them and it showed the same thing. Chase reported this to EQ on 12/2.

Here's a little background:

Chase and I had a tiff over several Fair Credit Billing Act issues in June, which resulted in them forgiving the account balance (was only $670) and closing the account. Now, again, I've never missed a payment with them and have my bank records to verify this. The issue is Chase knew this delinquency was inaccurate, as stated in their letter to me.

I want Chase to be held accountable.

So Chase deliberately furnished AGAIN incorrect information on your CR's.

Clearly FALSE and MISLEADING information about a debt on your credit report. $1K violatiion PER CRA. So once again, send a letter...no calls... send a letter to Chase's GeneralCounsel's office. Explain the problem, explain thier direct willful violation of the FCRA and demand correction of the information and make it clear... this is your LAST attempt to clear this up amicably before seeking legal counsel.

________

Medical Marijuana

Edited by uwackme

I'd go after EQ first. Definitely. BUT you could get Chase for not notifying you of the insertion of negative information (if they have never done so).

Chase never notified me they reinserted.

Also remember, this account was closed back in June, so I was not receiving statements.