Help in Florida

Well I was just web surfing and decided to pull my name up in the county public records search.

This is what I found.

Case Information for 2005 XXXXXXXXX

Assigned Judge: X XXXXXX Case Filed Date: 7/28/2005

Party Name

DOB

Party Type

XXXX X XXXXXXX

DFNDT

ASSET ACCEPTANCE LLC ,

PLNTF

Charges (If Applicable)

Number Charge Description Offense Date

Disposition

Disposed Date Code Action Code

PENDING CONTRACT & INDEBTEDNESS

Events

Event Date Event Result Result Date Judge

No records returned.

Docket Data

Book/Page Docket Entries Docket Date

SUMMONS ISSUED TO: XXXX X XXXXXXX 7/28/2005

COMPLAINT FOR DAMAGES 7/28/2005

COUNTY COURT $5000 - $15000 Receipt: xxxxx Date: 07/28/2005 7/28/2005

It doesn't look like they have tried serving me.

1. How long do they have to serve me?

2. They cant just file and leave it at that can they? That puts a stop on SOL. I thought I read somewhere that they have XXX many days or it will be dismissed.

3. How should I prepare myself when this starts? I need Lots of info and fast.

It was a repo of a $28,000 car. They sold it for like $9000

::thunderously::

Thanks for any advice. I'm biting off all my finger nails right now. :private:

*EDIT*

OK I found this as far as time limit.

(j) Summons; Time Limit. If service of the initial process and initial pleading is not made upon a defendant within 120 days after filing

of the initial pleading directed to that defendant the court, on its own initiative after notice or on motion, shall direct that service be effected

within a specified time or shall dismiss the action without prejudice or drop that defendant as a party; provided that if the plaintiff shows good

cause or excusable neglect for the failure, the court shall extend the time for service for an appropriate period. When a motion for leave to amend

with the attached proposed amended complaint is filed, the 120-day period for service of amended complaints on the new party or parties shall

begin upon the entry of an order granting leave to amend. A dismissal under this subdivision shall not be considered a voluntary dismissal or

operate as an adjudication on the merits under rule 1.420(a)(1).

Does this mean it MIGHT get dismissed if they get around to it? Or should I do something about it?

Keep in mind I have never been served or notified of this. I just decided to pull my name on the public record area of my Clerk of Courts web site.