Buddy System (adding authorized user)

Hs2000

Has anyone tried what is known as the buddy system. I think this is when you add each other as authorized users on each of your credit cards. For instance my fiance has excellent credit (790) and she has about 5 credit cards. I have not so go credit but have been working on it for the past 5 months (650). I have 2 AMEX cards and a orchard card. If she adds me as authorized users to her card and I add mine to hers will this increase my scores especially? Thanks for your help

I feel the best way to use this method is for the person with the higher credit rating to add an authorized user to her accounts.

Adding her to your accounts as an AU won't improve your score. Additionally, if your balances are too close to the limit, if they've been open for a short period of time, and/or there's a 30 day late in the 2 year history somewhere, being an AU on your accounts will actually HURT her score.