Ready to sue Verizon Wireless

fixmycreditplease

Since you said this is a paid collection -- is the tradeline from a collection agency? Verizon is a creditor, not a collector, so DV does not apply to them. You would have to DV the collection agency if one was assigned.

One thing you can do is ask Equifax for a method of verification. Search for a sample letter on the website.

If Verizon listed the account on your credit report, you are entitled to dispute the TL directly with the creditor. FCRA 1681s-2(a)(8)(D) states the consumer must send a dispute the identifies the specific information being disputed, explains the basis of the dispute, and include all supporting documentation to prove the basis of the dispute.

The creditor must then conduct and investigation and report the results to the CRA and consumer within 30 days.

Your best bet would be to file a complaint with the BBB, and you state attorney Generals office. You may also want to try and file a complaint with the FTC and the FCC stating they made a mistake. I have found that after a DV and dispute with CRA doesn't go my way I turn to other avenues to get their attention and I have always had success when filing a complaint with on or all of the listed agencies I mentioned, use that as your next step.