Help with a collection that wont budge

hotdami812

back in 2003 I moved from NC back to FL, I had a bellsouth account in my name my ss# in the business side of bellsouth under a business but not in the business name, anyway I have tried twice validating and this agency isnt budging, I even sent an ITS letter. Nothing, it is still on my Equifax report, this is the only thorn in my side. They havent sent a thing to me just reported it that is how I found out about it. Any help would be most appreciative at this point.

(5) The term "debt" means any obligation or alleged obligation of a consumer to pay money arising out of a transaction in which the money, property, insurance or services which are the subject of the transaction are primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, whether or not such obligation has been reduced to judgment.

• 2 weeks later...

do you think this type of letter will work for the business debt?

Dear Sir/Madame:

I am writing to dispute the validity of the above referenced item pursuant to the FCRA. After reviewing my credit file I find an account listed by your company, how is this possible? A clear case of identity theft. The FCRA requires you to verify the validity of the item within 30 days specifically a signed contract with your company for services. If the validity cannot be verified, you are obligated by law to remove the item.

In the event that you can not verify the item pursuant to the FCRA, and you continue to list the disputed item on my credit report I will find it necessary to sue you for actual damages and declaratory relief under the FCRA. Because the FCRA provides concurrent jurisdiction in federal and state courts, I shall elect to use the Orange (FL) Superior Court to bring appropriate action against you. You have negatively impacted my credit, specifically; the ability to qualify for a mortgage has been jeopardized.

While I prefer not to litigate, I will use the courts as needed to enforce my rights under the FCRA.

I look forward to an uneventful resolution of this matter.

Sincerely,

I would change the first sentence because it is vague. I would start if off bluntly and directly.

The above referenced item is incorrect and inaccurate. It does not belong to me. As a result, I request the following:

• Documentation verifying that I did in fact have an outstanding balance from this account.

• An explanation on how a calculation was made on what I purportedly owed.

• An explanation of the procedures used to inform me of such an outstanding balance.

Then slightly modify the next sentence or two...

Although this is an OC instead of a CA, there is nothing stopping you from attempting to have them try to verify this. Their responses would be interesting to see.

No it isnt bellsouth it is a collection law firm and yes I have tried several times at validation but to no avail, but because it is a Business debt the FDCPA does not apply, so I was going to take the FCRA route because they are reporting the info without even notifying me i believe this would also fall under FACTA and GLBA, they have never sent any letters nothing, they just decided to report the account the a holes. So I am kind of lost at this point, I need this off my report it is the only neg item reporting.

Is this paid? if not try a pay for delete, and let them know you are closing on a house and would appreciate if they would delete, this has worked for me, try to get someone nice if possible.....

Or send them a complaint, from the courthouse,and a copy complaint form from the attorney general website, I have done this to, it works sometimes..... But only if it is paid...