Does the crap ever end

bigdaddyintx

I started this credit repair almost a year ago. My progress for all the CMRRs that cost almost $5 each time- A credit score increase of of a total of maybe 10 pts on the best one! (according to truecredit) TLs get deleted, scores stay low til the TLs are put back on in 2-3 months. I could have paid some of the debts for all the CMRRs Ive sent! I'm just getting frustrated. I applied for vehicle financing...Sure for A WHOPPING 23% interest. Other than the 2 lawsuits that I have going on with Dean Malones office nothing has gotten better. Will IT EVER? Sorry for the negativity its just depressing, really. But if it wasnt for this site and the advise on here I wouldn't have found Dean Malone and wouldnt have my 2 cases with him representing me. Maybe after I win them Ill feel like something has been accomplished, but its taking so long. Does anyone know how long these suits take before you either get a settlement or go to trial :?:

Sorry for rambling,

Scott

I have been very lucky... I made minor mistakes in my credit history, my wife made some bad choices, but was never late...

We have been able in 2 months to overcome these smaller hills and raise our scores around 70-90 points in just 2 months.

Good luck, it will get better. We decided to pay what we could and not really take the grey area people on here refer to. Seems to have worked for us.

Good luck

I understand your frustration, been there(still there) done that. There are two things I have learned for sure. One, everything with credit repair takes time, sometimes years. The time during the credit repair process is akin to dog years, every one year seems like seven. But it can only go on(according to the law) for, at the most, 7 1/2 years. There's hope for us! :D The second thing I've learned is that we must exhibit responsible credit behavior. There can never be lates, collections, charge-offs, etc. It's the only way to get those scores up and able to get what we want financially and to be in control of our own lives(financially speaking). I feel your pain, but just hang in there, results will come!

I would guess your lawsuits depend on the evidence, violations, and who they are with. I had them handle a case for me in August and it settled in September. This after 6months at least of trying to deal with the CA myself, DV etc.

Hang in there with the credit repair sometimes things are just harder to remove than others. Patience is a great part of it. Do you have an ultimate goal? Focus on that- for example DH and I are working on a home- credit repair is just one part of it, money mangement, learning about construction, laws in TX, etc also occupy our time we stay focused on the goal the # is just a guide to help us decide when to apply for mortgages.

I had been "fixing" my credit when we had to buy a new car- 16% interest rate- we made payments for 6 months- yes things were a little tight with the new payments but doable- just less take out and movies- then we refied down to 10% still not great- but DH needed to have an installment loan on CR. He only has 5 years on report filed BK years ago and all his CC limits were rather low.

The whole process takes time but it does get better. We all get frustrated sometimes taking a break for a few weeks is the answer.

Two basic questions first: What are your goals? What is your timeline? From your frustration, it sounds like you want the impossible (massive improvement) too quickly. Even people who post glory stories had a little luck on their sides. They are in the minority, I promise you.

Credit is essentially a record of how you have managed debt in the past. If the reality is that you didn't do a good job, your credit will (and should) reflect that. The score is a numercial snapshot. It is based on your history but is supposed to represent your potential risk in the future. There is no way it can do that. It is impossible to tell what a person will do in the future, even with Madame Mimi's crystal ball. But the scoring system is what's in use now and is a standard part of all lending. So we work within the system and try to manipulate things to our best advantage. Yea us. It's in our best interests to do that.

You've got some cases going and have probably been disputing derogatory stuff. But are you also building a positive credit history? (My own little pet peeve) I find that consumers focus way too much on the negative aspect of credit (disputing, sueing) which is, for the most part, out of your control (which leaves you feeling frustrated and powerless) and not nearly enough on the aspects that are totally WITHIN YOUR CONTROL.

You control whether or not you have revolving accounts, how many of those you have, how you use them and how you pay them. This accounts for (up to) 30% of the score. You control (for the most part) who accesses your credit report by limiting inquiries. When you are chasing points, even a few deductions add up and they add up for a long time. This accounts for (up to) 10% of the score. You control the types of accounts you have. This accounts for (up to) 15% of the score. And, to some extent, you control the aging of accounts ( by having the knowledge that they need to age) and whether or not you jump accounts and do BT's to newer, lower rate CC's. This category accounts for (up to) 10% of the score also. Hello, let's do the math. That means you can exercise control over 65% percent of your score, even with tons of derogatory stuff showing, even during your dispute/legal battles.

So yea, the biggest category (history=35%) is screwed right now, and you're working on that. But take control of these other areas, do the things you need to do there and give it some time! There is always a way to reach your goal. It's just a matter of what steps to take and how long it will take you to make the journey. Good luck and keep your chin up!

The hardest part is that the OCs and the CRAs make mistake after mistake on your reports, and it costs you money every month to babysit them. Even if they fix it one month, it can be wrong again the next. And they often "fix" it incorrectly, then you have to dispute AGAIN. At some point they stop taking your disputes, even if it's THEM making and reporting the mistakes. How are we supposed to do all this constantly? It's a full-time job, babysitting your credit reports.

The OP is right... THE CRAP NEVER ENDS.